• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vitz Vibration After Loose Battery Terminals

Kulunu

Question

Hi All,

Yesterday i found that positive battery terminal of my KSP90 is losen . So i unplug terminal it & retighten it .Since that the car has started to vibrate violently in idle. As soon as I press the accelerator, the vibrations stop and starts behaving normally.

I took vehicle in to A***Mi*** & they said need to do a tune up and ECU resetting which will cost around 13K.

Do i need to do as they have mentioned or wait couple of days for ECU to back to normal records?

5 answers to this question

Hi,

I am not expert but usually you should remove the (-) negative cable before removing the positive cable and when re-connecting first you should connect positive and then finally negative in order to prevent any possible damage caused to electronic and electrical Items.

Check you RPM it should be around 750 rev/min when idling.

Try starting the vehicle without switching ON the A/C and check whether this exists or not?

If the check engine button is not displayed probably there should be nothing wrong with the ECU

Hi,

I am not expert but usually you should remove the (-) negative cable before removing the positive cable and when re-connecting first you should connect positive and then finally negative in order to prevent any possible damage caused to electronic and electrical Items.

I believe this procedure has to be followed to avoid shorting + terminal with the chassy, while trying to remove the nuts with metal tools. A good practice even for an old vehicle which almost has negligible amount of electronics.

On the real issue, I also think it is something else went wrong as JDNet suggested. A***Mi*** seems to have done a really good diagnostic it seems :speechless-smiley-004:

Tanks all.

I think it's due to ECU resetting due to removal of battery, which seems to be ok now with some riding.

I did not remove any hoses , so it can not be.

Problem is can not exactly determine RPM , due to lack of rpm meter in this mode.

Problem is can not exactly determine RPM , due to lack of rpm meter in this mode.

Well.. if you are familiar with the engine, you should be able to say whether it's on 750 or more than that by listening to the engine idle sound:)

In a cold start, usually engines revs bit higher (around 1000 on Petrol) and then its automatically reduced to the normal level when it reaches the operating temperature.

Edited by razordj