• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion 260 - Repair/replace The Rear Buffer.

mazda axela

Guys,

Today morning I met with an accident(another car knock back on my car), could you please tell me the best place to the repair.

I just checked with Toyota they told I need to replace the rear buffer and back panel also need to repair since it is bend inside very slightly.

My one is silver color, do you think that I can get.

As he told me that time, they normally have black colour ones, but at that time they had a Silver clour one. That was a 260 Premio front buffer. Damaged one was taken back by Insurance company. Please check with them.

Edited by whmsujith

What ??? :speechless-smiley-004: You mean do it Toyota Lanka way ?

They told I need to keep the car for minimum 2 weeks time I can't do that since there lots of commitment also I feel their estimation is too much and they told we need to replace the rear pannel as well but I feel it is not necessory because it is very slight and can't notice.

Otherthan when we open the dicky I feel somethink is holding the door and mild sound is comming.

(I checked with another place they told they can do the repair withot replace).

I also had to go through the same problem in my case toyota lanka repaired it. (they heated the buffer and brought it back to normal condition and re painted) costed only 25k since my colour is pearl white they took that amount of money otherwise its even lower. In my case i had no dents even the buffer was not able to be fixed using the original clips. They advised me that although it looks simple from outside its little complicated outside. The buffers are made that way. I collided with a concrete pillar in the middle (in a parking lot at very slow speeds) nothing happen to the buffer at the middle though i thought that toyota people can fasten the locks back and im good to go but when they removed the buffer only i realized what’s wrong. The buffer is designed that way it absorbs the collision and break release from the sides. In my case I got lucky not to replace the buffer though :)

Please don't go for other places because one of my friend's buffer was painted and the two colours didnt match even ( since the buffer is plastic its hard to get the same colour as the rest of the car)

I also had to go through the same problem in my case toyota lanka repaired it. (they heated the buffer and brought it back to normal condition and re painted) costed only 25k since my colour is pearl white they took that amount of money otherwise its even lower. In my case i had no dents even the buffer was not able to be fixed using the original clips. They advised me that although it looks simple from outside its little complicated outside. The buffers are made that way. I collided with a concrete pillar in the middle (in a parking lot at very slow speeds) nothing happen to the buffer at the middle though i thought that toyota people can fasten the locks back and im good to go but when they removed the buffer only i realized what’s wrong. The buffer is designed that way it absorbs the collision and break release from the sides. In my case I got lucky not to replace the buffer though :)

Please don't go for other places because one of my friend's buffer was painted and the two colours didnt match even ( since the buffer is plastic its hard to get the same colour as the rest of the car)

Stop talking crap. There are plenty of places that can repair a bumper and paint it properly. Your friend is probably a cheap arse who took it to the garage down the road.

Also, only 25k to hold a heat gun to it and then paint it? I bet you are Toyota Lanka's favorite customer. You should buy a viva elite as your second car.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 1

Hey thank you so much for the information.

I should take my mitsubishi sport to T*yota l*nka for some touch ups

After all they are the only people in sri lanka who knows how to spray some paint. :sport-smiley-004:

Will they be rude to me and chaise me away,

Could I say pretty please like a 22yr old boy and have some small patches painted for 25K. :sad-smiley-047:

Edited by Clark's son

What a load of BS i got an entire door repainted, cleaned some rust and some spots painted with pearl white and fixed some dents on both the front and rear bumpers and it cost me only 17K !

If it took 25K to do a simple bumper repair you got ripped off pal, i suggest you not recommend places you got ripped off from to others.

Edited by The Stig

Members,

Today the vehicle agents charge very high when question they inform due to their, hi overheads.

My son in-law sends his Ssangyong Kyron to Agents to change his belt adjuster and two track rod ends,

Repair labor charges were Rupees 20500.00. Spares cost him Rupees 38000.00. 1/2 days job.

Two track rod ends was wasted, it is good that they changed same.

The Belt adjuster pulley only racer was making a noise, they instead of changing the racer changed complete pulley with the adjuster.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

It's my dad's car anyway you guys are so mean. I dont own a car currently but I owned a toyata corolla (1972 model) that's my first car :) I loved it so much but had to sell it due to my bikes mania :) i sold my bike too now I'm looking for a car, jeep or a cab.

What a load of BS i got an entire door repainted, cleaned some rust and some spots painted with pearl white and fixed some dents on both the front and rear bumpers and it cost me only 17K !

If it took 25K to do a simple bumper repair you got ripped off pal, i suggest you not recommend places you got ripped off from to others.

Sorry I thought it was reasonable because last time I met with an accident they took 45k to paint two doors and one side of the cab of a toyota hilux vigo.

It's my dad's car anyway you guys are so mean. I dont own a car currently but I owned a toyata corolla (1972 model) that's my first car :) I loved it so much but had to sell it due to my bikes mania :) i sold my bike too now I'm looking for a car, jeep or a cab.

Ane nangi why don't you just bugger off now? come back when you know how much things cost and you start paying for them with your own money ok? Now, don't get into any more accidents. Taththi might cut your allowance.