• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Butterfly Comfortable

Heshan Manamperi

Guys,

I have mazda butterfly 97 model. I have replaced shoks last month. But still it feels every bump in the road? Any one knows y is that?

quite possibly the newer shocks are stiffer than the old ones you had on.

certain shock brands are notorious for being stiffer than certain factory shocks.

And Anonymous is correct.

Softer shocks offer poor handling but better ride comfort. stiffer shocks, better handling and bad ride quality.

quite possibly the newer shocks are stiffer than the old ones you had on.

certain shock brands are notorious for being stiffer than certain factory shocks.

And Anonymous is correct.

Softer shocks offer poor handling but better ride comfort. stiffer shocks, better handling and bad ride quality.

Machan when you say stiffer shocks, you mean the springs right? Do the dampers contribute to a stiffer ride as well?

Machan when you say stiffer shocks, you mean the springs right? Do the dampers contribute to a stiffer ride as well?

springs plus the valve inside the shock that controls rebounding.

for example....my XR's rear shock gave up... the spring tension is fine but the valve is realesing oil pressure a little too soon in to the compression stage making the whole thing go down easily and not come back fast enough. it's even nitrogen charged with an external cannister but without a revalving job, that shock is good as junk.

say in states/aus, you can get a revalving done to adjust the rebounding rate etc etc.... i don't think we can do that sorta stuff in SL....not just yet

some good stuff off the web on shocks :)

http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2009/08/26/how-shock-absorbers-work-2/

I was forced to read up excessively on shocks after my XR shock faling on me on around the island trip :D

the chap riding behind my XR noticed that my rear wheel spent more time in air than on ground making it a bitch to control on bad roads. It was so bad i had to force the bike down to the ground making my wrists to get screwed. It took over 3 months for the pain in the wrists to finally go away.

Guys, I had AE100 car before 2 years a go. It was more comfortable than butterfly car. AE100 also with KYB shocks. Why AE100 more comfortable than mazda with the same shock brand? As I know AE100 shocks was oil and butterfly shocks are GAS. Any possibilities for replace oil shoks to butterfly car?