• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nawaloka Yard, Car Collection?

67Dodge

Hi guys,

ive just recently seen a pretty large collection of cars in a nawaloka yard adjoining the Negombo road just passed paliyagoda roundabout. its a high walled yard, i only saw the cars b'cause i was traveling in a pretty tall A/C bus at the time.

i only ID'd two cars, a black XJ & what looks like a Willys CJ-2A.

anybody know anymore info on what the other cars might be?

Isn't IWS - in near proximity?

Could be that they may be using it as a temporary yard, as according to my knowledge Nawaloka does not deal in autos , apart from "great wall" which they gave up..

Explains the XJ but the Willis keeps me wondering? But Jeez, Mahindra has some contraption which is an ugly near look alike to the CJ. Had me fooled once... :speechless-smiley-004:

Need to check it out tommorow

Edited by Warlord

Isn't IWS - in near proximity?

Could be that they may be using it as a temporary yard, as according to my knowledge Nawaloka does not deal in autos , apart from "great wall" which they gave up..

Explains the XJ but the Willis keeps me wondering? But Jeez, Mahindra has some contraption which is an ugly near look alike to the CJ. Had me fooled once... :speechless-smiley-004:

Need to check it out tommorow

'Warlord',

Are you referring to former container yard on Negambo road there was lot of new vehicles parked.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Warlord',

Are you referring to former container yard on Negambo road there was lot of new vehicles parked.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi Silvy,

Sorry i am not sure whether both of us refer to the same place. In negombo rd , near the Gemunu hall , you get the ace container yard, which is now taken up by Unit#d Mot#rs. Just opposite that , where Wartsila is, there were some containers kept along with a ful batch of new vehicles which were supposed to be re-exported. (But this business is not there anymore). Apart from Dodge's observation , these were the two yards which hit my mind.

Hi Silvy,

Sorry i am not sure whether both of us refer to the same place. In negombo rd , near the Gemunu hall , you get the ace container yard, which is now taken up by Unit#d Mot#rs. Just opposite that , where Wartsila is, there were some containers kept along with a ful batch of new vehicles which were supposed to be re-exported. (But this business is not there anymore). Apart from Dodge's observation , these were the two yards which hit my mind.

warlord,

i had a look at the exact name & location of it,

when coming from colombo to negombo side, past the paliyagoda roundabout, the ABANS auto is the closest landmak building before it (actually it is adjoining it, with all the chinese trucks outside on display). the yard is called "Nawaloka Construction Co, & Central Yard"(Land side). ill post up any more models i identify while passing if possible.