• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Start

kmcsb

My eg8 single carb is hard to start in the moring..i have to paddle it and switch igingation on and stay a time and put a gas/paddle while doing starting..what is going bad??

I've replzed spark plugs,air filter,done carb clean and only 1500km since last service..

Plz help guys..this one newly brought..

My eg8 single carb is hard to start in the moring..i have to paddle it and switch igingation on and stay a time and put a gas/paddle while doing starting..what is going bad??

I've replzed spark plugs,air filter,done carb clean and only 1500km since last service..

Plz help guys..this one newly brought..

It could be due to autochoke faliure.
  • Like 1

Machan is there a plz to buy tht thing..i askd tech ..they havnt got!!

'kmcsb',

It is not a part you can buy over the counter it is in built in the carburetor and works as the previous post of Member HC's post gives you a explanation.

Do the engine start at once when the engine is hot after a short run?

Take your car to a good Technician for correct diagnosis of your problem of the engine morning starting difficulty.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 2 weeks later...

Machan is there a plz to buy tht thing..i askd tech ..they havnt got!!

Hay machan I had a fuel issue whan i broght the car .

ill tel you what my mac did some time it will help you. you open your air filter and you can see the carb and the chokeplate . mine it was just close . so start the engine and slowly open it there wil be a place where engine is runing smoothly.(you need to do it few times to find correct point) from there you need to make the linkage with accelarator to open it when you give the gas . (we used just a spoke from a old byke rim)

any way later on my carb choke plate kept fully open after the carb repair . and no linkage to move with accelarator. first one will work fine untill you get checked by good machanic just try and let us know .if your good with DIY. :sport-smiley-003: