• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Fb15 Suspension Issue

Sonariz

Question

Over last couple of weeks I observed kind of a undesirable sway while I am driving at a relatively law but constant speed even in a Asphalt paved roads. Then I went to a motor expert in Kurunegala named M*t** Motors. That guy inspect my vehicle and told to replace both rear and front shock ab-sobers.

Also he gave me his price for the replacement with genuine items, i.e 85k. Is it reasonable price? How can I make sure that he is using genuine Nissan parts? it there any certificates or anything like that?

Finally just want to know your opinion on this issue? Obviously I know that sway is coming as a result of my poor suspension and mainly due to a deformed shape in one particular place in my rear Tyre.

Is there anything I can do to repair these shock ab sobers?

6 answers to this question

Try to find some good genuine second hand shocks. They weill be very economical and be the factory part. I replaced this on my fielder and it was just fantastic. brand new each was close to 20,000. i Got both rear ones complete for 9,000. Been using for ages and saved heaps too.

Over last couple of weeks I observed kind of a undesirable sway while I am driving at a relatively law but constant speed even in a Asphalt paved roads. Then I went to a motor expert in Kurunegala named M*t** Motors. That guy inspect my vehicle and told to replace both rear and front shock ab-sobers.

Also he gave me his price for the replacement with genuine items, i.e 85k. Is it reasonable price? How can I make sure that he is using genuine Nissan parts? it there any certificates or anything like that?

Finally just want to know your opinion on this issue? Obviously I know that sway is coming as a result of my poor suspension and mainly due to a deformed shape in one particular place in my rear Tyre.

if i were you i will show it to another mechanic & let him to drive & check. then come to a final Decision with out beliving some maka bass ideas.

if i were you i will show it to another mechanic & let him to drive & check. then come to a final Decision with out beliving some maka bass ideas.

That's right show it to a another guy as well. You can get done a shock testing before replacing them, some other issue may cause your car to sway.

Why don't you get them tested by a machine, which cost less than 1000? And how old are they? anyway after few years of driving in SL roads you can't expect them to be efficient anymore.

KYB from TA*S cost about 6000 for rear & 15000 for front about 2 years back. 85K is way too expensive me think.

With second hand shocks you'll probably waste more time & money.

I doubt the sway can be a result of bad shocks on an even road. Hows the front tires? it can be due to damaged tires as well. Why don't you get a wheel balancing done on the front wheels? end of the day you won't lose much in getting an alignment and a balancing done as oppose to spending on a front suspension overhaul.

Take the car to a reputed wheel alignment place and check the condition of your suspension. You can get your shocks tested at some of these places as well (sadly don't know any in Kurunagala).

If you phone up TAAS they will quote you prices for the Genuine KYB articles and it might be worthwhile checking with A*W as well.