• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Battery Maintenance

Nishan.dj

Question

Hello,

First of all need to thank everyone for sharing knowledge among us.

I have a something to get clarified with the help of you all. I bought 2 exide batteries for my 4DR5 Jeep 2 years ago and both are 90Amp ones. The alternator provide 13-14V when charging and according what I knew and tested by an electrician there is no charging issue with the electrical system and I got the whole wiring system repaired by a good electrician sometime back.

I check the water level once a week of both batteries and get them tested by an electrician at least once in a 3-4 months. But suddenly one battery stopped charging and had to throw away as I am having a bad experience with Exide batteries. I went to meet a supplier of all kind of batteries and got some advises from them too which they say they get more returns of exide batteries and having some issues.

I do not want to criticize any brand but after going through the posts published by many experts I decided to change the brand to Global maintenance free batteries. And also thanks to Sylvi and all, I think its a good idea to use a battery maintainer for keep the batteries fully charged. I highly appreciate for your explanations about battery maintainers and chargers (I'm aware that maintainer is for maintaining a charged battery and a charger for charging but what would be the best for me?) based on the local market. Thank so much in advance.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kavvz" data-cid="231926" data-time="1359772757"><p>

And for haemorrhoids! (Always a good for a laugh at the pharmacy, if they don't know what you want, point to your bum and say " Come on! You know the salt they dissolve in bath water for haemorrhoids? That's what I want!" )</p></blockquote>

Oh my, I can imagine the response of the pharmacist when I order about 500g of magnesium sulphate :D

Harshan Senadhira,

Magnesium Sulphate 500g is too much. 5.00 Rupees each 1 packet. for one 12 v battery 3 Packets. Are you trying several batteries to regenerate?

I have done two batteries only cost was few rupees. One is still I use for testing purposes. cannot take heavy load. Other one did not work.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.