• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Prius

MIBSriLanka

I think Prius is a GREAT Mid size family car

Well hybrid or no hybrid, i do think the prius is a good value for money compared to other JDM cars that are imported! As long as the batteries don't bugger up, it should allow many people within the 2.0 - 2.5 to buy an unregistered, decent size family car.

Well hybrid or no hybrid, i do think the prius is a good value for money compared to other JDM cars that are imported! As long as the batteries don't bugger up, it should allow many people within the 2.0 - 2.5 to buy an unregistered, decent size family car.

:grinning-smiley-003:

Reading the notice i got the idea that they don't seem to really concur with the idea of importing JDM hybrids. The points made in the notice are however quite valid

no mate.. wt a funny points they have made... I agree for one, which says they dont have technical knowledge.. other that that all others are like kinda bullshit...

they talk about specific parts for weather conditions. if someone can name a one part they fix to other vehicles they import i would be delighted... lol

Was just wondering, is the JDM Prius and export version for US etc. built the same way to tolerate similar conditions? I do know it's not so for normal cars, with engines, gearbox, suspension being different while the exterior remains the same, so that it's suitable best for the marketed region.

Well machang you see the Jdm version has :sleeping-smiley-001: :sleeping-smiley-001: :sleeping-smiley-001::zzz: :zzz: :sleeping-smiley-008: :sleeping-smiley-008: :sleeping-smiley-008:

You got to realize this isn't USA. If local agents say they can't and won't, better find another place that would do it with some responsibility, and afaik there isn't any such place yet. Besides, you're using manufacturer info and they want to sell as much as possible, so would like people to believe it's the best.

Take a look at the article you posted.

Q: How long do the high-voltage batteries last?

GS: We designed them to last for the life of the vehicle.

Means they expect you to throw it away, recycle and buy a new one after 8 years/160000km, but how many in SL do that? And do keep in mind we get used vehicles here, so cannot be sure of how they were used and maintained.

Q: What would it cost to replace a complete battery pack?

GS: Less than $3000, plus labor.

With taxes and after everything, that amounts to around 430k LKR if something goes wrong

Q: How long will a Prius keep moving on battery power if it's out of gas?

GS: Only for a short distance -- a mile or so. The battery isn't designed for primary traction power, other than driving in reverse

Means it won't give the extraordinary mileages some people claim nor just drag you along in traffic with the engine off all the time.

Q: Is there any danger of electrical shocks?

GS: We continue to work closely with emergency services experts from a variety of communities, and because there are so many system safeguards, we have yet to learn of or imagine a scenario in which a first responder would be endangered by a Toyota hybrid power system.

Don't think any emergency response service here knows how to handle these nor do we have all the facilities these cars are designed to be around with. Next thing we'll hear is a Prius being in an accident and a rescuer died from electric shock

Edited by BLu3HaZe

You got to realize this isn't USA. If local agents say they can't and won't, better find another place that would do it with some responsibility, and afaik there isn't any such place yet. Besides, you're using manufacturer info and they want to sell as much as possible, so would like people to believe it's the best.

Take a look at the article you posted.

Means they expect you to throw it away, recycle and buy a new one after 8 years/160000km, but how many in SL do that? And do keep in mind we get used vehicles here, so cannot be sure of how they were used and maintained.

With taxes and after everything, that amounts to around 430k LKR if something goes wrong

Means it won't give the extraordinary mileages some people claim nor just drag you along in traffic with the engine off all the time.

Don't think any emergency response service here knows how to handle these nor do we have all the facilities these cars are designed to be around with. Next thing we'll hear is a Prius being in an accident and a rescuer died from electric shock

i agree with u

once they trained their staff they will introduce hybrids.this is sri lanka mate :D

anyway battery costs around 1lak from singapore

i agree with u

once they trained their staff they will introduce hybrids.this is sri lanka mate :D

anyway battery costs around 1lak from singapore

True, IF they ever train their staff, they'll bring hybrids in as Toyota seems to be totally into that path (strictly IMO making them even more boring now dry.gif ).

And you mean an original brand new battery? Any reason for such a large price difference?