• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Prius

MIBSriLanka

Isnt the prius already too tall ? i think it will look odd if you increase the height further

yes you are right mate..it's too tall already compared to other cars..i don't have any intention of increasing the height anymore...but feels sometime when travelling in some roads in Sri Lanka it would have been better if the car ground clearance more than this... :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE

yes you are right mate..it's too tall already compared to other cars..i don't have any intention of increasing the height anymore...but feels sometime when travelling in some roads in Sri Lanka it would have been better if the car ground clearance more than this... :rolleyes:

Like yala and sinharaja? Im sure most roads can handle the ground clearance of an average JDM! unless ofcourse u dicide to venture in to places cars weren't supposed be to begin with

Like yala and sinharaja? Im sure most roads can handle the ground clearance of an average JDM! unless ofcourse u dicide to venture in to places cars weren't supposed be to begin with

some roads means roads which is there to go to the villages..after the heavy rain in the past few months..most of those roads have washed away partly..so if somebody travelling by a car..there are very big holes on the road which can hit in the bottom of the car..most of the A and B roads don't have that problem..

Edited by AbeysinghE
  • Like 1

how is the rear view mirror visibility thru the back?

since car back is bit taller the rear visibility is limited upto some extent...but the reverse camera is so good in prius, so no much of a trouble.... :rolleyes:

some roads means roads which is there to go to the villages..after the heavy rain in the past few months..most of those roads have washed away partly..so if somebody travelling by a car..there are very big holes on the road which can hit in the bottom of the car..most of the A and B roads don't have that problem..

i agree with you they are sometimes traveling in these roads i wish i buy a suv or a double cab

btw you'r prius is a second generation one or a Third generation one

i agree with you they are sometimes traveling in these roads i wish i buy a suv or a double cab

btw you'r prius is a second generation one or a Third generation one

it's 2008 march model , so it's second generation i suppose..

since car back is bit taller the rear visibility is limited upto some extent...but the reverse camera is so good in prius, so no much of a trouble.... :rolleyes:

Forgive me for my ignorance if im wrong but the last time i checked reverse camera's are only usable when you engage R isnt it ? So if the the rear view visibility isnt that good how is someone suppose to look back from the rear view camera while on the move ? :blink:

Edited by The Stig

Forgive me for my ignorance if im wrong but the last time i checked reverse camera's are only usable when you engage R isnt it ? So if the the rear view visibility isnt that good how is someone suppose to look back from the rear view camera while on the move ? :blink:

oh sorry mate i misunderstood that i thought when it's reversing..when you drive,to see the back, prius is having a fare enough visibility from the middle mirror..i had no problems whatsoever in looking at the back from the mirrors.. :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE

• 2 weeks later...

yeah for sure the 141 will be replaced by the prius in the coming years if the current tax policy stays the same, its seems like the same sort of people go for the prius earlier of course they went for the corolla now its the prius, i hope the infrastructure is developed to support the maintenance and repair of the hybrids though

Now Prius is all over the Roads & it will over pass 141 (axio) (in numbers) with in few months time..

sure..most of the 141 users are doctors and most of them are changing to prius...I like the 2010 prius due to it's handy shape than 2008 model..but the ground clearance is the issue in 2010... :unsure:

Edited by AbeysinghE

• 2 weeks later...

Hey "AbeysinghE" as you already using a Prius i like to know some info from you.. As i know When you drive Prius bellow 30KMH as i heard it drive using EV mode (when batarry is not fully Drain) is it same when the AC (Air Conditioner)is ON..? as AC also need more Power

sure..most of the 141 users are doctors and most of them are changing to prius...I like the 2010 prius due to it's handy shape than 2008 model..but the ground clearance is the issue in 2010... :unsure:

Hey "AbeysinghE" as you already using a Prius i like to know some info from you.. As i know When you drive Prius bellow 30KMH as i heard it drive using EV mode (when batarry is not fully Drain) is it same when the AC (Air Conditioner)is ON..? as AC also need more Power

If the battery is charged it can be driven even with A/C with EV mode..there won't be any sound when drive from that mode..but since it's using more power for A/C the distance you can drive from the battery is less..If the battery is in good condition you can On A/C of Prius even without starting the engine..Just need to power on only hybrid system..But 2011 Prius comes with Solar roof which enable the battery to charge even without engine on..and car functions can be operated within 1 km distance with smart key...

Edited by AbeysinghE

Nop i'm not talking about Driving on EV mode by Pressing the "EV mode" button I'm talking about even you drive in normal mode (Eco) as i heard Gas Engine auto turn off when ytou drive bellow 30 KMH know & in traffic is it working like that even your AC is on.

If the battery is charged it can be driven even with A/C with EV mode..there won't be any sound when drive from that mode..but since it's using more power for A/C the distance you can drive from the battery is less..If the battery is in good condition you can On A/C of Prius even without starting the engine..Just need to power on only hybrid system..But 2011 Prius comes with Solar roof which enable the battery to charge even without engine on..and car functions can be operated within 1 km distance with smart key...

Nop i'm not talking about Driving on EV mode by Pressing the "EV mode" button I'm talking about even you drive in normal mode (Eco) as i heard Gas Engine auto turn off when ytou drive bellow 30 KMH know & in traffic is it working like that even your AC is on.

yes if you drive below 30 KMH..the main engine turn off automatically and it run from the hybrid system..if the battery is good enough,even A/C is possible.. :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE

how inexpensive is the prius now... its like the new axio of SL.. if u accidently fall in SL roads defenetly u will fall on a prius now... personally if u are on a budget and have to run about a lot.. the prius and the other hybrids are the way to go..

but for other who want to drive a proper car with a smile on thier face.. need to look else where...

This why I have seen Prius guys are driving very slowly in clear roads. I have seen this when going home at night going at snail phase.

This why I have seen Prius guys are driving very slowly in clear roads. I have seen this when going home at night going at snail phase.

Have you seen like that???...I don't think they can drive like that for a long distance... :unsure:

Yes.i have encountered it 174 route. May be there trying out how far they can go…. ;)

I'm sure they might be looking at the fuel consumption display..LoL :lol: ..even my wife used to do this..but within no time the main gas engine starts...I'm not really a fan of Prius..but fuel efficiency wise no other car can beat it...

Edited by AbeysinghE

I'm sure they might be looking at the fuel consumption display..LoL :lol: ..even my wife used to do this..but within no time the main gas engine starts...I'm not really a fan of Prius..but fuel efficiency wise no other car can beat it...

Ok, my diesel 320d common rail does 7.2L/100 Km. Which is around the 14km/liter range. So given the fact that i pump super diesel my fuel cost per Km is around Rs. 6. Assuming the hybrids do around 25 km/liter the fuel cost per Km is Rs. 5. But for Rs. 1/km i get to drive a turbo powered 150bhp engine with over 329 N.m of torque.

I think the tax structure for motor vehicles in Sri Lanka should provide diesels the same benefits offered for hybrids under their "green" tax initiative. Atleast for almost similar fuel efficiencies, you get more value for money.

Edited by rangerover

Why shouldn't all cars should get tax reductions? I mean, if hybrids are going to be the only type of cars bought by individuals in the future (and it sure seems to be heading that way), why tax cars at all? Don't tell me the only reason cars are taxed here is because of their emissions and economy.