• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb 15 Head Light

Sonariz

Question

6 answers to this question

I just identified that law beam head lamp bulb has been blown off. But high beam bulb is working fine.

I know nothing about this and please tell me can I replace just a law beam bulb? Is it comming seperatly or as one unit?

How much it will cost me?

afaik fb15 have both high and low beam in same bulb so you have to replace the bulb to solve your problem as long as it's the same bulb type as your current bulb(iirc fb15 comes with H4's) as for the price sorry i have know idea good luck dude. :)

Thank you..

Also can you please tell me what are the other specification that I shoud look at?

try to find a good brand like osram,koto or hella if you are going to replace both of them some people prefer this way. or if you are going to replace only one of them it must be the same brand as the other working bulb some of them prefer this way to.i say this because some manufacturers have different color temperatures( some chinese brand bulbs have bluish white color output and original branded bulbs have yellow color output)and different illumination output e.g. some non original bulbs have less illumination of the road than original branded bulbs if you pair them you get different colour temperatures and different illumination output.and take the faulty bulb with you it will make things easy for you iirc fb 15 comes with h4 12v 60/55W bulbs the information you need about the bulb specification is printed in the bulb it self.

btw there is a chance that the headlamp wiring socket connector have a lose connection or the bulb's connector have been corroded make sure it's not the case before you replace the bulb dude.

Edited by nexus

I just identified that law beam head lamp bulb has been blown off. But high beam bulb is working fine.

I know nothing about this and please tell me can I replace just a law beam bulb? Is it comming seperatly or as one unit?

How much it will cost me?

nexus's info are correct. I recently bought H4 Kiota Japan pair, 2200 a piece from panchi.

Edited by whmsujith

nexus's info are correct. I recently bought H4 Kiota Japan pair, 2200 a piece from panchi.

It's not Kiota, it's Koito. Please get the name correct, there's nothing more harmful to people who know nothing than other people who know only a little.

@Sonariz The headlight bulb in your car is an H4 type, which is a dual filament bulb. In your case, one of the filaments is broken. Your tail lights also have dual filament bulbs, so get them checked from time to time too.

I would advise strongly to replace both bulbs at once, to maintain even lighting.

Avoid buying the blue tipped bulbs at any cost. Stick to brand names like Koito, Hella, and Osram (the most widely available bulbs in SL). I would also advise you to learn how to change the bulbs in your car yourself (they are meant to be replaced by the owner), you can save a trip to the garage in the future.

Also, don't discard the old working bulb, keep it in the car for times like this so that you have a temporary fix till you're able to replace it.

Edited by terrabytetango