• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan N 16

ismy

Friends,

Im planning to buy a Nissan N16 as my first car,its yom 2000 auto tr,silver colour with alloy wheels. price is 2M is this price is ok? any body knows abot fuel consumption of N16,they said it'l do 12km in city limits and 14-15km for long drive is it true? advices from experts and N 16 car owners regarding buying N16 as my first car

thank you

Edited by ismy

The market price of N16(YOM=2000) hovers around 2M mark these days i think. Just check some classifieds to get a better idea.

But a N16 with an auto tranny will not do 12kmpl in city limits. i guess 8-9 would be a more realistic figure.

Two of my friends owns the manual version of it and they claim that the average fuel figure is around 10kmpl.

So we cant expect much from an auto tranny can we? :)

it's a good car if you're not so worried about the fuel consumption.

Had one for short time and was solid car.

I was driving like a mad cow and it gave 6kmpl at city limits.

When so sensible driving it gave around 7.5-8kmpl.outstation kmpl values are useless if you're using it for office drive,commuting and day to day life.almost all towns in sri lanka are now jammed with vehicles.

It was autogear and i'm talking about bumper to bumper city traffic in colombo.

Don't believe kmpl values beyond 10 by seller.

Which rather unrealistic according TO my experiences.

Similar age-spec corolla will cost you atleast more than 500k rupees.

So calculate how long you've un run the thing to cover the initial investment. According to your milage per month.

Maintenances are similar to usual japanese and i've not heard ANY inheritant issues in this model.

Not sure about that though.

Good luck on your buy

Average market price is these days for a N16 yom 2000-2001 will be around 2m. super sallon versions will be bit high. any way both ex sallon & super sallon ones comes with touch a\c power antenna fog lights. some models doesnt. avarge kmpl city 8-10 & outstation maximum 12. dont belive the majic no's which sellers saying. and for your one i guess it a G or J seies one ??

it's a good car if you're not so worried about the fuel consumption.

Had one for short time and was solid car.

I was driving like a mad cow and it gave 6kmpl at city limits.

When so sensible driving it gave around 7.5-8kmpl.outstation kmpl values are useless if you're using it for office drive,commuting and day to day life.almost all towns in sri lanka are now jammed with vehicles.

It was autogear and i'm talking about bumper to bumper city traffic in colombo.

Don't believe kmpl values beyond 10 by seller.

Which rather unrealistic according TO my experiences.

Similar age-spec corolla will cost you atleast more than 500k rupees.

So calculate how long you've un run the thing to cover the initial investment. According to your milage per month.

Maintenances are similar to usual japanese and i've not heard ANY inheritant issues in this model.

Not sure about that though.

Good luck on your buy

Same as FB15. I owned one & was giving me the same figures. :(

i had 2000 super saloon 1.6L manual one. great car. minimal maintanance cost. just have to replace lower arm bushes frequently. did 7-8 kmpl in heavy traffic in colombo annd 11-12kmpl long run. Used it for 4 years, gave no problem at all. People say auto does 6kmpl in traffic and 9-10 long run. cheers

i had 2000 super saloon 1.6L manual one. great car. minimal maintanance cost. just have to replace lower arm bushes frequently. did 7-8 kmpl in heavy traffic in colombo annd 11-12kmpl long run. Used it for 4 years, gave no problem at all. People say auto does 6kmpl in traffic and 9-10 long run. cheers

1.5 Auto does 9 in city.

thank u! for the advices

i gave up the idea of buying it, they have re-painted it recently and interior is in very bad condtion,damaged seat covers,lots of electrical faults.its total crap not worth for even 1.5M :sad-smiley-066:

Particular car u checked might have miss used. But that doesn't mean that all models are like that. Search. There r top condition cars.....

• 7 months later...

I had 1300cc manual transmission one.it did 14kmpl at long distance and 11kmpl in city with AC. No any single defects during 4 years..This car needs engine tune up yearly and always maintain correct tyre pressure for best results.

• Like 1

I had 1300cc manual transmission one.it did 14kmpl at long distance and 11kmpl in city with AC. No any single defects during 4 years..This car needs engine tune up yearly and always maintain correct tyre pressure for best results.

What about pulling power ?

Pulling power is not too good. It doesnt pull like a toyota 1300

Manual ?

Are these Japanase built or somewhere else ? I'm talking about the brand new imported ones after 2000..

Manual ?

Are these Japanase built or somewhere else ? I'm talking about the brand new imported ones after 2000..

There are Japanese Built & North East Asia Built N16s. Jap build one mostly comes with Fabric Seats.

Best way to check the Chassis No. Plate inside Engine bay. It'e mentioned "Made In Japan".

Most of cars with the engine capacity is mentioned like "1490 cc" are Jap. made.

1.3L, Manual, Brand new imported cars, I hve no much idea. But if any user is here, he can check the Chassis plate & let us know.

Market value of 1490 CC, Auto/ Manual Japanese made N16s are bit higher.