• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb14 Shocks

GayanR

HI guys recently i have replaced my car front shocks with japan KYB's.But these new shocks feels every bump on the road..I get a very bumpy and a road feeling..Mechanic didn't put that rubber ring between the shock and the spring,I'm curious if this cause this...The shocks were pressurized before installing.Also the mechanic shows me a play in the axle,and he told me that the busshings inside the transmission are gone.Are these things related to what i'm experiencing now.Before the old shocks starts to fail my car used to feel like a comfort of a benz..I'm curious as to why this happend?

HI guys recently i have replaced my car front shocks with japan KYB's.But these new shocks feels every bump on the road..I get a very bumpy and a road feeling..Mechanic didn't put that rubber ring between the shock and the spring,I'm curious if this cause this...The shocks were pressurized before installing.Also the mechanic shows me a play in the axle,and he told me that the busshings inside the transmission are gone.Are these things related to what i'm experiencing now.Before the old shocks starts to fail my car used to feel like a comfort of a benz..I'm curious as to why this happend?

Did you use KYB Gas shocks (in pink boxes) or Hydraulic shocks (in blue boxes)? New shocks tend to be a bit harder than the older worn out ones you replaced (as they probably weren't absorbing much shocks to begin with).

Did you use KYB Gas shocks (in pink boxes) or Hydraulic shocks (in blue boxes)? New shocks tend to be a bit harder than the older worn out ones you replaced (as they probably weren't absorbing much shocks to begin with).

HI Don they were Gas shocks (pink box)..So will they get better later with use?

HI Don they were Gas shocks (pink box)..So will they get better later with use?

Gas shocks are a bit harder than hydraulic but they are more durable. They will become a bit softer with use, but would probably remain a bit hard. On the plus side the stability of your car will improve as it wont sway around as much.

bump

Gayan, the fact that suspension bushes or bushes in the transmission are gone with the shock failure is unrelated mechanically but related by the fact they are related to the mileage of the car. There is no point questioning why something has just happened in your mind. If you have evidence in front of you that something has failed they need to be replaced. You do realise that your car is now around 15 years old. I recently replaced the entire suspension of my 19 year old (I did replace the shock mounts and bump stops as well), and like you feel the suspension is a bit hard, but then again the shocks had no power before so it would feel like that anyway. So you will now find everything from suspension, to engine mounts to various other plastics parts are now starting to perish and some will require replacement. The earlier you do this the better to prevent damage to other components.