• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Axio 2011 - Maximum Alloy Wheel Size

chamatharavinda

Question

Hi

the car is Toyota Axio 2011 model.as i heard from few people in the industry they sed maximum alloywheel size is 17 inch....just need to know the facts about it....cuz some say dont put it cuz roads are not tat good....but when i ask from the rim shop today they sed nothing to worry...

the original tire set has this - 185/65 R15

note - there was a used set contains 17inch wheels and low profile tire set....just ok the tires are as they look and wheels have scratches and chips....the wheels can be painted isnt it?

thanks.

6 answers to this question

If you can use 17 inch wheels with tyres which combined has the same diameter as the original 15 inch wheel plus tyre, then you can upgrade to a 17 inch rim and use a suitable tyre profile.

You can use a tyre size calculator like this to figure out if you can fix 17 inch rims and what tyre profile to use.

http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htm

honestly i dont know how to use it sir

You select your current tyre size from the top. Then on the bottom you select the wheel diamater (17) and then play around with the tyre profiles so that you get the least diameter difference ( less than 4% zero if possible).

Usually a profile less than 15 is probably a little bit uncomfortable on Sri Lankan roads. But the following tyre sizes seem suitable.

205/50 R17

195/50 R17

195/55 R17

185/55 R17