• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pajeroio Spare Parts

Y3K

Hi Guys,

Need some help on locating a store to buy the following parts for a 4G93 GDI Turbo (Pajero IO GDI Turbo)

Md971921 quantity 1 (Piston ring set)

Md978156 quantity 1 (Gasket)

I tried Panchikawatta (actually one of my friends did it), United mortors.

They all are out of stocks it seems.

If you guys know any other places, please be kind enough to pass me the info.

Thanks,

Yasindu.

Edited by Y3K

The genuine mitsubishi parts are generally difficult to find in the SL market for parts like the above, since most prefer to use OEM or popular Japanese parts. If you really want the genuine Japanese part you can order it from UM or ask a friend to check from a place like the middle east or singapore.

The genuine mitsubishi parts are generally difficult to find in the SL market for parts like the above, since most prefer to use OEM or popular Japanese parts. If you really want the genuine Japanese part you can order it from UM or ask a friend to check from a place like the middle east or singapore.

Hi Don,

I tried Singapore as well, but the result was same :(

Hi Don,

Have already tried them, they took my order as an inquiry and thats it.

It says inquiry accepted. Any idea on how to purchase from this site?

Thanks

Well, they usually get back to you within one business day and you can accept the quote and pay for it online. If you have submitted an inquiry log back in and check the accepted orders section for further details. I must admit I have not used this site before, but in the process of processing my first order through them.

Well, they usually get back to you within one business day and you can accept the quote and pay for it online. If you have submitted an inquiry log back in and check the accepted orders section for further details. I must admit I have not used this site before, but in the process of processing my first order through them.

Hi Don,

Got a reply from them, it states that the part numbers are not available :(

You might not find the genuine articles, but both these parts should be available to buy from Panchi. Try UM as well. In my case they said they could import the part but wanted a month, but after reading horror stories about how timely their delivery is with regards to vehicles, I decided to spend more money and buy it directly. I need it to be available when I'm in SL for holidays so I can't afford UM cock ups.

Is your idle issue resolved?

You might not find the genuine articles, but both these parts should be available to buy from Panchi. Try UM as well. In my case they said they could import the part but wanted a month, but after reading horror stories about how timely their delivery is with regards to vehicles, I decided to spend more money and buy it directly. I need it to be available when I'm in SL for holidays so I can't afford UM cock ups.

Is your idle issue resolved?

Nope, it was reduced/ gone down after I tried the ECU training, which was posted from a pinin manual.

So am going to try that out again n see..

• 3 weeks later...

Did you find the bits you were looking for?

The part I ordered from amayama arrived in only 2 weeks and was the exact part I was after. I was very happy. Though UM quoted me less, I am inclined not to trust UM on their time tables so I didn't care too much about the extra 5K.

As for the head gasket, it seems the 4G91, 4G92 and 4G93 all share the same head gasket so there are plenty around. For piston rings you should be able to find a good Japanese brand from SL. Personally I would not care too much about buying the original Mitsubishi parts for either. Chances are you would probably need to overhaul the engine in another 50-100K anyway at which point you have the option of using sleeves or boring it out to a bigger size. Any good quality brand of rings and gaskets should survive till then :)

Thanks for the info Don...

Nah still was not able to locate em..

Thought of trying UM since amaya does not have the part!!!

BTW, I was able to locate a couple of Chinese people who said they have the parts.. But am a bit reluctant to trust em :)

Hmm.. you sure about 4G91/92/93 head gasket thing?

Well people who sell the part seem to say it fits all 3 engines. I think all three of these engines are based on the same block just bored out to different sizes. What I don't know however is if the turbo has a different gasket to the non turbo version.

This gasket is not that difficult to find.

Well UM should be able to get the part down and more reliable than a chinese copy! Call up and get a quote!

Try rockauto. They are based in the U.S. and have it available from their european warehouse. I've gotten most of my parts through them. $43.79 for the gasket plus what ever the shipping is.

btw the shipping for the gasket is $130 on fedex international priority. You would save a bunch if you had some on in England reship it using regular post.

Edited by jdnet

Don, jdnet thanks guys,

I placed an order with UNI Mo today, they said the latest they will take is a month 4 gasket n piston ring set.

Will order a set of head bolts as well,.

jdnet, you still in SL bro?