• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

License To Drive Tata 207

Saturn

Question

20 answers to this question

Thanks. I already saw that link. My problem is I'm still not sure whether I'm permitted to drive this vehicle. According to my license I can drive a dual purpose vehicle. Question is, does this classify as a dual purpose vehicle?

I would be very grateful if someone can offer me advice on this!

Thanks. I already saw that link. My problem is I'm still not sure whether I'm permitted to drive this vehicle. According to my license I can drive a dual purpose vehicle. Question is, does this classify as a dual purpose vehicle?

I would be very grateful if someone can offer me advice on this!

You can but not all 207's

\some are registerd as dual purpose vehicles and most of them are registerd as Light Motor lorry.

AFAIK, the Tata 207's with P plates can be driven under the dual purpose vehicle.

Correct me if im wrong guys

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer. By registered - you mean the category in the registration book?P plate is the number plate? like PA- etc?

You can but not all 207's

\some are registerd as dual purpose vehicles and most of them are registerd as Light Motor lorry.

AFAIK, the Tata 207's with P plates can be driven under the dual purpose vehicle.

Correct me if im wrong guys

Thanks for your answer. By registered - you mean the category in the registration book?P plate is the number plate? like PA- etc?

yup i mean like PA plates. they are register as dual purpose vehicles AFAIK

and if its on L plates its light motor lorry. which falls under B1 class on the old licence.

Want to add something here slightly guys. With the intro of the Smart Cabs , there was a new series launched starting from PR- plates , which the C & C1 guys can also drive. Sorry I do not recall the exact vehicle class. So, some of the TATA Ace's (battas) were also registered under this category, so I do not see why the 207 cannot. If it is the 207DI bullet you are referring to , this can be registered under the PR/PS series so that the C1 guys can drive, and also you can use the right hand lane of the road , without being copped. Just my two cents on the thing.....

• Like 1

Hey Schiffer, Cool Corona you've got machan. She looks pretty pretty cool for 301 set of wheels....a 1.8er I presume??? I love this model :)

i sort of restored the car. it was in a bad shape when i bought it. Thanks for the comments :)

Want to add something here slightly guys. With the intro of the Smart Cabs , there was a new series launched starting from PR- plates , which the C & C1 guys can also drive. Sorry I do not recall the exact vehicle class. So, some of the TATA Ace's (battas) were also registered under this category, so I do not see why the 207 cannot. If it is the 207DI bullet you are referring to , this can be registered under the PR/PS series so that the C1 guys can drive, and also you can use the right hand lane of the road , without being copped. Just my two cents on the thing.....

The category was introduced to stop a scam. The smart cabs initially given LA series, so did the d*mo battas. What happened was some people started using batta plates (same L series) plates on cut and bud smart cabs.

new category for single cabs started from PP and now utilized up to PT. Still the scam is around as I do see lot of proper defenders (not single cab ones) with PQ,PR or PT series. Proper dual purpose series is now in the range of PD, PE. I'm sure cops does not aware of this segregation within P series.

So in conclusion : If the 207 is registered as a light motor lorry, you cannot drive it with dual purpose license ( if the 207 is within former GA-JZ series, then you have to check the category of the registration in revenue license or CR, for newer ones, the plate itself will tell you whether you can drive it or not)

sigh, such a complicated registration and numbering system.

P.S

Interesting. Does that mean that a truck must use the left lane?

There are many other law enforcements for motor lorry category. Driving on the left lane is just one. There are certain roads, which does not allow lorries to enter. Funny thing is, if a simillar vehicle with dual purpose or motor coach license, the same won't be applicable.

this is the reason as to why 27, 28, 227 and L series vehicles carry lesser market value than the identical make model vehicle registered in 31/32, 50 onwards or PA onwards.

Edited by harshansenadhir
  • Like 1

The category was introduced to stop a scam. The smart cabs initially given LA series, so did the d*mo battas. What happened was some people started using batta plates (same L series) plates on cut and bud smart cabs.

new category for single cabs started from PP and now utilized up to PT. Still the scam is around as I do see lot of proper defenders (not single cab ones) with PQ,PR or PT series. Proper dual purpose series is now in the range of PD, PE. I'm sure cops does not aware of this segregation within P series.

So in conclusion : If the 207 is registered as a light motor lorry, you cannot drive it with dual purpose license ( if the 207 is within former GA-JZ series, then you have to check the category of the registration in revenue license or CR, for newer ones, the plate itself will tell you whether you can drive it or not)

sigh, such a complicated registration and numbering system.

P.S

There are many other law enforcements for motor lorry category. Driving on the left lane is just one. There are certain roads, which does not allow lorries to enter. Funny thing is, if a simillar vehicle with dual purpose or motor coach license, the same won't be applicable.

this is the reason as to why 27, 28, 227 and L series vehicles carry lesser market value than the identical make model vehicle registered in 31/32, 50 onwards or PA onwards.

I can't really understand why we need professorial solutions when more basic ones exist, such as why not embose the vehicle made and model into the license plate itself and on the sticker which is windscreen or something simple like that.

Until number plate recognition systems are put in the hands of police (and the police themselves become less corrupt) no amount of number plate categories is going to resolve the issue of fraud in cut and bud vehicles.

I can't really understand why we need professorial solutions when more basic ones exist, such as why not embose the vehicle made and model into the license plate itself and on the sticker which is windscreen or something simple like that.

Until number plate recognition systems are put in the hands of police (and the police themselves become less corrupt) no amount of number plate categories is going to resolve the issue of fraud in cut and bud vehicles.

Couldn't agree more with you mate...

Thanks for your detailed answer. You mentioned a category for single cabs and a separate category for dual purpose - is there a difference? Can I drive a vehicle in single cab category if it is registered as dual purpose in the CR book/revenue license?

AFAIK in the old category system.. those who have c.c1 can drive motor cars and dual purpose vehicles... Normally in the past dual purpose vehicles were vans and pickups... but now even the D*MO battas and crew cabs come in under P numbers... so u can drive them also.... currently c,c1 refers to K category and P category... but i dnt know for sure about the vehicles registered before K series and P series.....