• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Obd Ii

Dragonfly

What do u mean by taking time, checking carefully and yada yada yada?

When you scan a vehicle, all you do is plugin the device, check for information/error codes. That's it. You don't need to go thru all the 1s and 0s in the cache carefully or take time to do that.

Just get a OBDII device yourself and a good scanning software. Once you get the output of the software, do a google search. U will find lots of info. That's what I do. I just use a cheap OBDII device, dozens of software and lil bit of googling skills.

When you scan a vehicle, all you do is plugin the device, check for information/error codes. That's it. You don't need to go thru all the 1s and 0s in the cache carefully or take time to do that.

Just get a OBDII device yourself and a good scanning software. Once you get the output of the software, do a google search. U will find lots of info. That's what I do. I just use a cheap OBDII device, dozens of software and lil bit of googling skills.

No it's wrong.

Cheap OBD II scanners can't see the errors in cache of a learning ECU (It's not a coded error that I need to check). So this task needs a Professional OBD II scanner and Professional who knows how to do it.

Simply my ECU is learning something that it should not be.

Please tell me if you guys know a good guy for this.

Edited by Dragonfly

No it's wrong.

Cheap OBD II scanners can't see the errors in cache of a learning ECU (It's not a coded error that I need to check). So this task needs a Professional OBD II scanner and Professional who knows how to do it.

Simply my ECU is learning something that it should not be.

Please tell me if you guys know a good guy for this.

I'm just curious, how did you find out that your ECU is learning something that it should not be? Are you trying to prove that there is a bug in ECU firmware?

Did you bring down the obd from e-bay,

is the obd to usb thing working if so can you share the link or atleast pm me it.

I'm just curious, how did you find out that your ECU is learning something that it should not be? Are you trying to prove that there is a bug in ECU firmware?

thats exactly what im wondering, unless he has hacked the ecu and got it wrong

is the obd to usb thing working if so can you share the link or atleast pm me it.

u mean the ebay link or how to use the cheap scanner? ill be doing a diy on it sometime soon. if u want to know the ebay store which i got it from, its tomtop-wholesaler.

There is OBD 2 based software in google playstore called Torqe. It needs obd 2 blutooth transmitter to work and it will cost around 15$. It will give you live data with lot of options to choose.

I know it because my engine do some crazy things. When I reset my ECU problem goes away for about 400-500 KM and then the craziness comes back again...

It's a learning ECU and due to some error on a sensor ECU is learning something funny. But there's no visible error. So I need to go into cache and see which sensor is giving the wrong info. And for sure it's not giving wrong info all the time.

Got it?

Edited by Dragonfly

There is OBD 2 based software in google playstore called Torqe. It needs obd 2 blutooth transmitter to work and it will cost around 15$. It will give you live data with lot of options to choose.

I have try these. They can only read visible errors where your CEL will indicate you.

I know it because my engine do some crazy things. When I reset my ECU problem goes away for about 400-500 KM and then the craziness comes back again...

It's a learning ECU and due to some error on a sensor ECU is learning something funny. But there's no visible error. So I need to go into cache and see which sensor is giving the wrong info. And for sure it's not giving wrong info all the time.

Got it?

I don't think that the ECU log historical data all the time. So called 'freeze frame' data are recorded only when a trouble is detected. Freeze frame can be read even with a cheaper scanner.

I don't think that the ECU log historical data all the time. So called 'freeze frame' data are recorded only when a trouble is detected. Freeze frame can be read even with a cheaper scanner.

Most of the old ECU's are like that. But most of the new ECU's can learn things like driving patterns of the driver and make miner adjustments to improve performance and fuel consumption.

Please google for more info..

Edited by Dragonfly