• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2013

MasterDon

• 2 weeks later...

All right guys, after a 4 moths break, action starts this weekend. 1st Practice session of the Australian GP 2013 has already began. Its gonna be an interesting season with lots of changes happened between the teams.. cheers!

Edited by Simplelife

Hooray! my prayers have been answered!They're showing the sky f1 feed on star sports...bye bye stupid Steve Slater and hello Martin Brundle!Gonna miss Chandok though...

Man, is that a welcome break or what? The coverage has improved both visually and audibly. In HD it's almost all you could ask for!

They still hv Chandok, Alex and Paula in the pre and post shows though.

Great start to the season. Fantastic race by kimi and Shame ferrari couldn't manage a two stopper but nevertheless good result for nando and ferrari, leading the constructors for once! But come dry weather the bulls are sure to charge back.

Hooray! my prayers have been answered!They're showing the sky f1 feed on star sports...bye bye stupid Steve Slater and hello Martin Brundle!Gonna miss Chandok though...
And Ted Kravitz. It's like BBC all over again.

Minus coulthard Phew!

Edited by pug306xsi

It's likely to be wet and hot in Sepang, where qualifying might get away without rain but the race might not. In the past Nando has not complained too much about this ... not as much as RBR anyways :)

Nico rosberg to brawn : "remember this one" Oh dear....

Such an awkward race.. None of them looked too happy on the podium..

Webber on seb:Multi 21!!! Hold station...

Edited by Overdrive

To day was a day of f*cked up team orders

Vettel being the bad boy,

Ros who had been in the team not allowed to challenge the bulls and get to the podium.

Altough it didn't come to anyone mind there must have been team orders for Massa to let Fernando trough at the start, and it might have been decisive of him retiring after kissing Vettles Gearbox (let's say.)

As an alonso fan even he had done a mistake,

I mean what where the team thinking when they didn't call him in after the 1st lap

(Reminds me of my mum using 2 wires to tie the front bumper of her car and running that way for a couple of months :sport-smiley-005: )

post-46679-0-40947000-1364150072_thumb.j

Edited by Clark's son

although I fully get the purpose of "team orders", I would still like to see an old school battle to the chequered flag where the best driver wins. Ochestrated race finishes makes F1 boring and dare I say it is almost equal to match fixing.

Ah ... I hv no grubs over what Vettle did (to get the lead), he drove with hunger to pass Webber.

In the same vein, I feel that Brawn should not hv held Rosberg back - he was clearly faster at a point. Maybe Nico should hv done what Seb did?

It's no use talking about Fernando's f*%k up. It was oh so wrong in many ways!

But in the bulls garage the message was for both cars to put down the revs and cruise home 1st and 2nd as there where tier wear issues in both of their cars,

Mark couldn't challenge Vettel because he was on low revs as per team orders but Vettel was breaking them,

It wasn't fair in Mark's point of view.

But in the bulls garage the message was for both cars to put down the revs and cruise home 1st and 2nd as there where tier wear issues in both of their cars,

Mark couldn't challenge Vettel because he was on low revs as per team orders but Vettel was breaking them,

It wasn't fair in Mark's point of view.

I completely agree!

And I think most people forget, F1 isn't technically a battle between drivers, it is a battle between teams who employ the drivers!

I completely agree!

And I think most people forget, F1 isn't technically a battle between drivers, it is a battle between teams who employ the drivers!

yeap, my point as well exactly. It was so unfair to Mark as he had already put his car on a safe-mode of sorts following orders from garage but Vettel had not. Had Mark not had the ECU malfunction which fu##ed up his start at Melbourne and this issue at Malaysia, he would probaly be a strong contender to the driver's title this season.

Although the goal at the end of season is to crown a "world champion", the fact that the path of getting there not necessarily being a battle between drivers dilutes the exitement to many F1 fans I guess.

As usual bernie talking through his ar*e...

What do you expect..

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/8602042/Ecclestone-backs-Vettel

Can't really agree on comparing this to Kimi. Kimi didn't say that in the spirit of not doing what his support guys were saying. He said that coz his concentration was being disturbed by people telling him to do things he was already doing.

If I was on RB I'd be really pissed, more at the way he did it. It was unnecessary and dangerous aggression, and could have put both Bulls out of the race due to one guy acting like a kid who didn't get his ice cream. The Team can't have THAT.

I know there are guys who say they should just let them race and stuff, but from the team point of view, engines and GBs have to last a certain number of races, so just stressing them unnecessarily to get past the other car of the same team is not something to be happy about. They have to look at the big picture over the season, not just a single race. So the team is perfectly justified, having got the drivers into a large lead, so say, ok, back it off, there is no threat, save the cars, its a long season.

The funny thing is, I think if Nico tried taking that place from Lewis, I think Lewis would have let him through. He knew he didn't have the fuel to fight anyway, and finishing was more important than a temporary fight.That order might have been unfair to Nico regarding the drivers championship, but he wasn't going to challenge the Bulls anyway, so Merc did the same thing RB did. Make sure all the points possible come to the team, don't stress the cars, take it to the next race. It might have been fairer to Nico to let him get past Lewis, but make sure he didn't try to chase the Bulls after that, but thats my personal view.

The funny thing is, I think if Nico tried taking that place from Lewis, I think Lewis would have let him through. He knew he didn't have the fuel to fight anyway, and finishing was more important than a temporary fight.That order might have been unfair to Nico regarding the drivers championship, but he wasn't going to challenge the Bulls anyway, so Merc did the same thing RB did. Make sure all the points possible come to the team, don't stress the cars, take it to the next race. It might have been fairer to Nico to let him get past Lewis, but make sure he didn't try to chase the Bulls after that, but thats my personal view.

Regarding Nico and Hami the team must be thinking that hami will be more able to go for the driver's championship and puting points in his bank will be more worth than Nico who won't be that consistent.

But it is unfair in the point of view of Nico who is the senior member of Merc

Edited by Clark's son

I understand the point about it being a long season and all that. But how many points separated the champion and the 2nd placed in the last few championships? I think that might be working on the back of 'some of' the guys, who actually aim for the championship.

Besides, if it were an opponent there - it would hv been race-on, damn the engine and gearbox, right? Especially if it were someone like Alonso ... you'd back off when you know you can't win, not when you think you'd realistically win.

That was a dick move by Vettel and a slap in the face for RBR management.Ignoring team orders is a big no no and it might have landed him on the blacklists of potential future employers.Webber has held position when ordered to numerous times in the past even when he clearly had the faster car(Silverstone 2011).As said earlier F1 is a team sport and for the teams the real money is in the constructor's championship not the driver's...