• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hissing Sound From Engine Bay

Teerex

Guys,

i own a 2003 model Honda Fit Aria sedan. Today morning when i popped its hood i noticed a sort of hissing sound coming from the engine bay. couldn't exactly locate where it comes from but sounded like its from intake manifold area ( i am not 100% sure though). More over when i step on gas the hissing increases and it give sort of a sound comes from a blow off valve. couldn't inspect the car further that time since i was rushed for some work. just got back home and planing to get it checked tomorrow morning.

what this hissing sound is likely to be?

could it be a leak from the gasket ?

your inputs are highly appreciated .

Cheers!

Snakes? :speechless-smiley-006:
:) was going to say that. Just make sure there are no snakes in there!

ok jokes apart, Teerex for a start I would suggest just checking if any of the clapms and clips of the air intake have come undone.

Edited by HardHat

ok jokes apart, Teerex for a start I would suggest just checking if any of the clapms and clips of the air intake have come undone.

Thanks buddy. but it sounded more like it comes under the top engine cover. anyway i will double check again in the morning and update you

Yuk, well hissing days are over for that reptile I guess.

if the hissing sound is from the tappet cover that could be a bit bad news. Remove the engine oil dipstik and race the engine. Remove the engine oil cap and do the same. If there is a spray of oil from either place then that could be signs of a compression leak.