• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

3M Tint

chew

Members,

Other than 3M Tint there are few others have UV cut and reducing the heat of the sun.

Almost all other tint suppliers sell cheap Tint. If any motorist want only to cover then cheap tint is OK.

If not have to use 3M tint to get the maximum benefit of the tinting.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

Members,

Other than 3M Tint there are few others have UV cut and reducing the heat of the sun.

Almost all other tint suppliers sell cheap Tint. If any motorist want only to cover then cheap tint is OK.

If not have to use 3M tint to get the maximum benefit of the tinting.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

pls educate what are the other places doing uv cut tint for a reasonable price

DVT,

I remember some time back a person advertised Korean made tint. That also had 99% UV absorption.

Cost of that was 35% less than 3M. I contacted him when he advertised.

Person who imports cannot continue with only selling Tint for Automobiles,

That is not heard for some time. 3m has the biggest market share. in SL.

Due to very few motorists know the value of UV absorption, For vehicles fitted with AC.

Every one is going for 3M because that had proved in SL for decades.

They are charging above RS20000/= For a vehicle.May be because of the brand name.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

DVT,

I remember some time back a person advertised Korean made tint. That also had 99% UV absorption.

Cost of that was 35% less than 3M. I contacted him when he advertised.

Person who imports cannot continue with only selling Tint for Automobiles,

That is not heard for some time. 3m has the biggest market share. in SL.

Due to very few motorists know the value of UV absorption, For vehicles fitted with AC.

Every one is going for 3M because that had proved in SL for decades.

They are charging above RS20000/= For a vehicle.May be because of the brand name.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thaks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure about the prices quoted by Kleen Park but have a look at getting the film online. You can find a variety of qualities on ebay and you can get a sticker place to apply them for you. might end up being cheaper.

Silvi,

"Due to very few motorists know the value of UV absorption, For vehicles fitted with AC."

Nothing to do with AC and UV but AC and IR waves (heat).

UV does not cause heat but aging of plastic and of cause human skin.]

Just to remind you that UV cut does not mean heat reflection.

Silvi,

"Due to very few motorists know the value of UV absorption, For vehicles fitted with AC."

nano31,

You have a very valuable point on your post. your post. It is very educative, to motorists.

I use UV- curing resins for my glass service, The UV light I use do not produce any heat. Your post is correct.

I remember some time back 3M tint kleen park. Had a infra red heat light that was to prove that heat reduction. Comparing other cheap tints.

Your post made me to read about automobile window tint and post what I found on automobile tinting and heat reduction.

I like to post what I read on tinting of glasses on the net as under.

SUNLIGHT is divided into three spectrums -- visible light, ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) rays.

Visible light, as the name suggests, can be seen. On the other hand, both UV and IR rays are invisible to the naked eye but are capable of causing a

variety of medical problems, including eye cataracts, sunburn, wrinkles and liver spots, as well as skin cancers.

Tinting reducing the amount of these dangerous rays entering your vehicle will help lower the cabin temperature, saving you fuel.

Tinting Therefore air-conditioner does not have to work as hard. Also, fabrics and interior trim will not fade as easily from UV exposure to sunlight.

While standard UV-cut glass will provide only some protection from ultraviolet rays.

The protection offered may be far from adequate since most OEM car glass only reduces UV penetration by about 50%.

In comparison, high quality commercial tint films can reduce UV and IR by up to 90%.

Therefore, it makes sense investing your money in a good window tint.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Silvi,

You're correct in a way but proper window film consists of multiple layers. Each layer for a specific purpose, UV protection, heat deflection and scratch resistance (so that you don't scratch the film when you roll your window up and down) So a good quality tint will protect your cabin from UV rays AND heat as well.

It will also stop shattering of glass upon impact in an accident or a smash-and-grab.

You're correct in a way but proper window film consists of multiple layers. Each layer for a specific purpose, UV protection, heat deflection and scratch resistance (so that you don't scratch the film when you roll your window up and down) So a good quality tint will protect your cabin from UV rays AND heat as well.

It will also stop shattering of glass upon impact in an accident or a smash-and-grab.

yeah.

But most ppl think that more dark coloured tint mean more heat reflexion but I just wanted to explain that good uv and heat protection tint not necessarily to be dark coloured and 100% clear film should still be a good UV/heat reflection film