• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Racing Season

fuzzo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be SLARDAR 2006 Round 1 at Katu on 18th & 19th Feb.

Cheers !!!!!

Hey Madz, they still doing that dumbass thing about paying for the press passes? I'll even promise u an article if u can get me a pass as part of Team aL :) I even bought a new funky camera specially for race events and wildlife photography.

Hey Madz, they still doing that dumbass thing about paying for the press passes? I'll even promise u an article if u can get me a pass as part of Team aL :) I even bought a new funky camera specially for race events and wildlife photography.

well praveen..for the amrc races i can take in abt 10 guys..like last time..dont know wether we are officiating all the other club meets this year..last time all the gang went separately..but all were in near the paddoks..

dude preveen any idea where i can get my Nikon SLR serviced cos PhotoTechnica is crap

dude preveen any idea where i can get my Nikon SLR serviced cos PhotoTechnica is crap

U have an SLR? :rolleyes: Ado, bring it along for the races.

And no. PhotoTechnica is the only place I know. Crap? hmm, may be I have to start looking around too then. But those buggers ARE the canon agents, so might have to stay with them.

well praveen..for the amrc races i can take in abt 10 guys..like last time..dont know wether we are officiating all the other club meets this year..last time all the gang went separately..but all were in near the paddoks..

K, but this in MRA right? If we are gonna get in by buying tickets, I don't think we'll be able to get into the paddocks. I wanna get into the paddocks, but dont wanna get onto the bad side of Air Force dudes :lol: (Maybe if I wore my Air Force T-shirt again. I swear the last time I wore it, the bugger at the gate thought I was AF and called me "machang")

Yes, I am running modified this season!!

:-)

Cool. If u tuning in Millennium drive again, give us a holla. We'll try to get out of office and watch :rolleyes:

Hay Mivec.turbo, welcome to AutoLanka Forum B) We wish you all the very best for 2006 season !!

Team Autolanka

Madhawa Mutukumarana

[email protected]

Hey, Madz, was there at least a press breifing this time?

U have an SLR? :rolleyes: Ado, bring it along for the races.

And no. PhotoTechnica is the only place I know. Crap? hmm, may be I have to start looking around too then. But those buggers ARE the canon agents, so might have to stay with them.

i do hav an Nikon F-series SLR (gifted) n tripod n d works which i had to get while following my photography course but ive neglectd it while i was out of d country so it needs a service...plus i need a more powerful lens...havent gotten arnd to doing it yet...as soon as its up i'll sure bring it as long as it doesnt piss down like d last time i brought a camera

sharky...start pulling your strings..

let me knw who's sponsorin n i'll hav a look

Nice to knw u Bro...I came to the thing which u had in Rajigiriya....I got to knw abt u thru aravinda premadasa's sister-in-law....she is a gud frnd of mine....So i am not very gud @ these stuff.....could u tell me wats the difference between wat u raced before and now.

What I raced before was what was permitted within the regs of FIA Group N class and now the regs and mods permitted in the SL modified class for Super Cars. :lol:

Hey everyone this is Sparco's girl frnd..Jus wanted to tell u guys that Sparco met with an accident today in the afternoon...He is hospitalised i guess he would be inhospital for another 3 days :D

hey Sparco's girl.... i dont think he knows me but tell him i wished him a speedy recovery!!

i'm sure all the members mean it....

what exactly hapened in the accident? was anyone else hurt? and the vehicle(s)?

sparco's girl, please let us know...

cya soon SPARCO!

guys,

when you say the races are on the 18th and 19th, does that mean the races are held both days? or is it the qualifications on the 18th and actual races on the 19th?

i'm not sure if i'll be able to go watch the races on sunday....

and if saturday is mostly qualifications, is it worth going to watch it? wont it be just single cars going around in turns? and going to katukurunda of no races isnt fun.... wont even be any nice scenes to take pictures of....

i'm thinking of borrwoing my Dad's Digital SLR... its a CANNON EOS 350D with a zoom lense (with converter) extending upto a 600mm zoom....

will the fancy cam, get me a media pass at the gate?

i'm not sure if i'll be able to go watch the races on sunday....

and if saturday is mostly qualifications, is it worth going to watch it? wont it be just single cars going around in turns? and going to katukurunda of no races isnt fun.... wont even be any nice scenes to take pictures of....

i'm thinking of borrwoing my Dad's Digital SLR... its a CANNON EOS 350D with a zoom lense (with converter) extending upto a 600mm zoom....

Sadly, no. Media passes are issued some time before the race at a breifing. They are not issued at the gate. Besides, Madz boycotted last time, as they dumbass buggers wanted the media to pay for the passes.

f**k a 600mm lens???dude screw the pass jus bring the camera!!

Hey everyone this is Sparco's girl frnd..Jus wanted to tell u guys that Sparco met with an accident today in the afternoon...He is hospitalised i guess he would be inhospital for another 3 days :D

Speedy recovery Sparco... Get well soon