• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Difference Between Fb13 & B13

Kasun Chanaka

hi all,

I jusy want to clarify that the difference between Nissan FB13 & Nissan B13. Anybody could help me to figer out this?

The info at the following link might help

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/nissan/sunny/1990_1/

As I heard FB13 is 1500CC and B13 is 1300C. correct if im wrong.

Going by the info found at the above link, it does not seem so.

As I heard FB13 is 1500CC and B13 is 1300C. correct if im wrong.

So where do we put the ones came as brand new (1400CC) :D

The chassis number starts from BCAB13

+ 1 most of the B13's are coming with only ac & ps. no power mirrors\shutters\central lock.

Thats the Trim levels machan

most of the B13's are LE or equelent to the FE in the B14 series

but the B13 comes with a EX-Saloon trim as well.

Agree with Schiffer...

B13 = 1300cc

FB13 = 1500cc

SB13 = 1800cc diesel

HB13 = 1800cc gasoline GTS models (wasn't his the coupe ?)

At least those were the model coding for the JDM...

Let me see if I can dig up an old catalog from someplace...

Ironically none of the catalogs I can find on the Nissan sites are complete :)

Maybe this will help ? the main content is in Japanese but the model codes etc are pretty straight-forward

http://www.goo-net.com/catalog/NISSAN/SUNNY/#199305

Edited by iRage

B13 - 1300CC

FB13 - 1500CC

SB13 - Diesel

Not sure whether the 4WD version was called FNB13 as the successor models

4wd petrol A/T Super Saloon model E-FNB13

4wd diesel MT Super Saloon model X-SNB13

More on that at

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/nissan/sunny/1992_1/

The whole gammut of Datsun/Nissan Sunny models and specs from 1966-2002 can be found at

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/nissan/sunny/

Edited by CJ5

I think this is already discussed in another thread.

Anyway there should be 2 more rare versions. But I have never seen non them here.

(1) 1000cc (Catalog issued by A M W )

b13page4.jpg

(2) Sunny California

california1.jpg

http://translate.google.lk/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.nissan.co.jp/MUSEUM/SUNNY/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dnissan%2Bsunny%2Bmuseum%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DtVU%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=X&ei=QrVdUb2qBsnZrQexioAY&ved=0CDYQ7gEwAA

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

The Batu Sunny 2nd gen B110 was seen on SL roads but I wonder whether the 1st Gen B10 (1966) Sunny was available in SL??????

Thanks all for comment under the thread which I've started.

But still it is not cleared. some says B13 is 1300 CC car. But I've a B13 with 1400CC. Some says it may not have C/L, P/M, P/S etc.. but my B13 car is having all these features including speed lock because it is having super saloon badge. I've the original user manual for this car, but not mentioned clearly what does it mean by B13. Also have the original catalogue issued by A*W. I'm searching everywhere regarding this, but still no one knows this exactly. Anyone have new idea on this regard ?

Thanks all for comment under the thread which I've started. But still it is not cleared. some says B13 is 1300 CC car. But I've a B13 with 1400CC. Some says it may not have C/L, P/M, P/S etc.. but my B13 car is having all these features including speed lock because it is having super saloon badge. I've the original user manual for this car, but not mentioned clearly what does it mean by B13. Also have the original catalogue issued by A*W. I'm searching everywhere regarding this, but still no one knows this exactly. Anyone have new idea on this regard ?

That model of car is B13 whether it is 1000, 1300, 1400, 1500, 1600 or 1700. However depending on the engine capacity, fuel used trim level, transmission and options the model code changes with the letters in the code but all the models have B13 in the model code.

Edited by CJ5

B13 is 1300cc and FB13 is 1500cc. As for the code...you get quite a few other B13s as well HB13/SB13 and apparently AB13 as well ? so maybe when you read what is written on the ID plate you are dropping some part of it ?

Regarding the whole options; well some grades only came for the FB13 and some for the B13 and also depends on which market the car was intended for, so in some markets the B13 would have come in one set of grades and options and in another market another set of options and grades.

Where the JDM was concerned, as far as I know, a Super Saloon was not there for the 1300cc but I do know there was an Anniversary package for the EX Saloon that made it pretty comparable to a Super Saloon.

But then sometimes you get dealer/special packages, etc that could be gotten where the strict definition of one grade from another is a little blurred (like the whole Premio G-Superior crap Premio owners harp about after throwing away a few extra million Rs. away, or salesman trying to rip a few million off. Toyota releases the G Superior GRADE only for the 2000cc ZRT261, 1500cc NZT260's G Superior is an add on PACKAGE basically some plastic garnishes and nickel platings...from the dealership)

Just for curiosity...what prompted the whole B13 vs FB13 issue for you ?

B13 is 1300cc and FB13 is 1500cc.

E-B13 is 1300 JX , X-SB13 is the 1700 Diesel , E-FB13 is the 1500. The 4wd models have an "X" and an "N". ie E-FNB13 is the 1500 4WD. X-SNB13 is the diesel 4WD.

So all the models have B13 in them and it's the letters in the model code that distinguish the various models.

E-B13 is 1300 JX , X-SB13 is the 1700 Diesel , E-FB13 is the 1500. The 4wd models have an "X" and an "N". ie E-FNB13 is the 1500 4WD. X-SNB13 is the diesel 4WD.

So all the models have B13 in them and it's the letters in the model code that distinguish the various models.

Sorry but got to disagree with you on some things.

As B13 is the general platform/model yes all variants have B13 on it and the letter assignments prior to that give a bit more indication to certain specs, as I too have mentioned.

But it is a messy affair if you try to stick a grade to a particular model code. JX came in a E-B13 as well as an E-FB13. Also a LE came as an E-B13 and FB13...and then the EX-Saloon came as E-B13 and E-FB13 and then they changed a lot of that during different revisions. So you can't strictly say E-B13 was a JX. Also I am quite certain E-B13 would have been graded as something else in some other parts of the world. Grades will and can vary with time and context.

The coding for 4WD is N...not a X AND a N. X is associated with both the FWD and 4WD diesels.It is FNB13 or SNB13 I don't think the E-EB13 (1600cc) or E-HB13 (1800cc) came in 4WD...

Also the face-lift models are X-S<>B13 and the pre-facelifts were Q-S<>B13. I am sure a bit of research or a call to a Nissan dealership would clear out what each encoding letter states but..hey...too much work for a Sunny (Just as the Corollas and Carinas never have been a fan of the post mid-80s models...).

So to go back to the original posters question

B13 is 1300cc and FB13 is 1500. If his is a 1400cc then it must have a different coding, which I believe someone else said was an AB13...

I am basing this on what I have seen on Japanese catalog sites which highlight model histories (I don't use cars-directory.net as it has been notoriously unreliable with the info, personally owned two cars which were completely off the charts on that site)..., so it is not like I am looking at a whole host of "B13 Sunny"s to see what the model codes are.

I am basing this on what I have seen on Japanese catalog sites which highlight model histories (I don't use cars-directory.net as it has been notoriously unreliable with the info, personally owned two cars which were completely off the charts on that site)..., so it is not like I am looking at a whole host of "B13 Sunny"s to see what the model codes are.

Ok..no issues.....accepted!

lol the OP wanted to know the difference of B13 and FB13.

think he might be regretting asking the question now :D

Kind of..."Illang Parippu kaema"!!!

• Like 2

Thanks all for comment under the thread which I've started. But still it is not cleared. some says B13 is 1300 CC car. But I've a B13 with 1400CC. Some says it may not have C/L, P/M, P/S etc.. but my B13 car is having all these features including speed lock because it is having super saloon badge. I've the original user manual for this car, but not mentioned clearly what does it mean by B13. Also have the original catalogue issued by A*W. I'm searching everywhere regarding this, but still no one knows this exactly. Anyone have new idea on this regard ?

Mate. Mine is a brand new imported 1400CC. It's an Ex-Saloon, got C/L, P/M (Manual folding though), P/S, Speed lock. Wait! is Speed lock a Super Saloon feature ? I dunno but mine has it, it may be due to the fact that mine is a power package as I was told by the previous owner, but mine doesn't carry the power package badge.

I'm interested in getting a copy of the original user manual for my car, how can I get it ? Where do you live machan ?