• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Idle Up

FreakSL

Hey guys ,

i recently noticed that when im driving with A/C on in my EG8, after sometimes (when the car heated up) idle up for few seconds and drop down again while driving ,

normally its on 800RPM with A/C and when while driving it goes to 1000RPM for few seconds and drop.

want to know whether its normal or do i need to give any attention ?

thanks

Just check if the idle goes up just after AC compressor cutoff. Assuming your is a carb model it is normal for idle to go up a bit and come down when the AC compressor cuts off, but within a second or so. If it takes longer you need to check the AC idle boost solenoid valve for a clogged up air vent. If this is the case it is not a serious issue.

• Like 1

Just check if the idle goes up just after AC compressor cutoff. Assuming your is a carb model it is normal for idle to go up a bit and come down when the AC compressor cuts off, but within a second or so. If it takes longer you need to check the AC idle boost solenoid valve for a clogged up air vent. If this is the case it is not a serious issue.

yes its a single carb, It stays more than a second , i think I will have to check the AC idle valve