• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radiator Fan Working Mechanism

Jone Silvaperera

Question

6 answers to this question

My Car is FB 13.

I Need To Know, What is the Correct Technique For Radiator Fans(2) Working With and Without Ac?.

Please Help Me.

Jone Silvaperera,

You mean the Radiator fans (2). One is for engine cooling the water in the radiator radiator.

Which comes on the engine temperature comes up. thermostat starts to activate the fan.

Normally when the A/C is in operation the engine runs at high RPM.

Therefore the Radiator cooling fan will work all the time. To my knowledge.

Other is for A/C. heated air to coll inside your car cabin. W hen the AC is working the fan will work continuously.

Do you have any problem?

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

if the A/C is switched off, the fans (both fans in FB13 setup) should start working when the engine/coolant reaches operating temperature. (About half in the gauge) and then stops after operating for sometime and temp of the coolant goes down a set threshold. You wouldn't see any movement of the gauge though.

if the A/C switched on and compressor engages, again both fans should start working and stops when the compressor cuts off. However, even if the compressor is disengages, as per the previous logic, depends on the coolant temperature, fans might start stop.

• Like 1

Jone Silvaperera,

You mean the Radiator fans (2). One is for engine cooling the water in the radiator radiator.

Which comes on the engine temperature comes up. thermostat starts to activate the fan.

Normally when the A/C is in operation the engine runs at high RPM.

Therefore the Radiator cooling fan will work all the time. To my knowledge.

Other is for A/C. heated air to coll inside your car cabin. W hen the AC is working the fan will work continuously.

Do you have any problem?

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Some designs such as nissan march K11, Maruti Zen has radiator and A/C condenser at each sides of the front of the car and has seperate fans for each. in this setup as you said only the A/C condensor fan will work when the compressor engages and coolant fan (radiator fan) will work when the coolant reaches a set temperature.

Some designs has full width radiator and A/C condensor is half the width of the radiator. in this kind of a setup, both fans do work when the engine coolant reaches the temperature. Only fan which is on the side of the A/C condensor starts working with the A/C compressor.

However, in FB13, there's a radiator, A/C condenser and fan assembly where both the radiator and A/C condensor are of same size (width). in this setup both fans work for either engine coolant temperature or A/C compressor operation.

What I'm not certain is whether this fan/setup supports multi-speed operation where as if the coolant temp reaches the bottom threshold and/or if A/C compressor engaged both fans start working in speed 1. For any exceptions (such as coolant temperature goes above the upper threshold or A/C refregirant temp or pressure goes above the threshold) both fans start working in speed 2. I've seen a this type of a setup in later model pugs such as 405/406/307 and so on.

My Car is FB 13.

I Need To Know, What is the Correct Technique For Radiator Fans(2) Working With and Without Ac?.

Please Help Me.

Jone Silvaperera,

I consulted a senior professional technically qualified A/C person who in S/L almost for last 30 years.

He informs me that even with out A/C in working, the water temperature rices above 70C on the engine.

The A/C condenser fan comes on. Therefore both fans will work.

If any further clarification is necessary you can contact him on 0777 393608/2303910. Mr. Rohan Perera.

I am not advertising the above person.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1