• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Electric Brake Booster + Master Cylinder

Nishan.dj

Question

Hi experts,

I have read a bit about power brake booster and came to know about hydroboost. Hope you experts know more about it and kindly share the knowledge about hydro-boost / electric brake booster for the master pump. Also Is it possible to convert a normal vacuum master pump in to hydroboost? I am having a 4DR5 jeep and willing to experience this conversion if it is possible. Kindly share your idea, experience, knowledge...anything. Thanks a lot in advance.

8 answers to this question

Hey Nishan, didn't you do the gas-cylinder brake booster conversion on your 4DR5?

It is completed and working fine with additional boosting power than previous. Just reading the mentioned way and thinking of a way that can be applied. Do you have any idea about it or you know anything about it? Appreciate if you can share. Thanks.

Sorry but I'm not familiar with this electric system. But my 4DR5 has a plain-jane servo (a 2nd hand pump from some van); and frankly that can give you wheel-locking force.

I'm not personally keen on experimenting with brakes. And I dont mean to sound rude, but sylvi's gas cylinder servo sounds too freaky to me; and if it really was as effective as he claimed it to be, you probably wont be here looking for alternatives..

Sorry but I'm not familiar with this electric system. But my 4DR5 has a plain-jane servo (a 2nd hand pump from some van); and frankly that can give you wheel-locking force.

I'm not personally keen on experimenting with brakes. And I dont mean to sound rude, but sylvi's gas cylinder servo sounds too freaky to me; and if it really was as effective as he claimed it to be, you probably wont be here looking for alternatives..

Would like to know if anyone has done it. You may right on Not experimenting with brakes, but still thought its worth trying if possible. Thanks.

Edited by Nishan.dj

Hey Nishan, didn't you do the gas-cylinder brake booster conversion on your 4DR5?

Wasn't our famous member Sylvi also involved in that project?????? :D