• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ford Laser - Computer Box

Jimmy

Question

Dear Experts,

I own a Ford laser 2000 model; (as far as I know most of the car is similar to Mazda BJ5). I have been getting problems when starting the car & when checked I was told that I had an issue with my computer box & I may have to replace it. However, I'm clue less as to what should I do. What I need to know is are there are reconditioned cheaper units for this, or will I have to replace it with a brand new computer box. If so where can I find one in Sri Lanka.Will I have to go to the Ford agent ( Car Mart) or is there any other place in Colombo, Panchikawatta etc. where I can get hold of one. Your valuable input is highly appreciated friends. Help me out.

4 answers to this question

I was having an issue when starting the car. Motor starts but it would't hold & the engine shuts in couple of seconds. I checked my starter motor, remote control unit & no issues with that. Then my electrician checked all the lines in and out prior to do a computer scan.Later found out computer box does not function (or failed, not sure terminology they use). So he said the best possible option is to replace it. Checked with Asiri Motors & Rain Bow Motors at Panchikawatta. They were telling me to go for a second hand one since the brand new will cost about LKR.150000. And thanks for the links given although none of them matches my serial number. Thanks again.