• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Cr 42/41 & Kr 42/41

imalone

Question

Hi,

I don't know much about vans. We decided to buy a mini van, So i prefer to buy a noha.... But there lots of models available,

Such as CR 41, CR 42 , KR 41 & KR 42. So im so confusing. I need buy a noha, which original Diesel, Original New face ( Not box head light) & Original super GL.

So can you pls anyone explain about these models and how to identify the originality ?

7 answers to this question

Okay..not a big van guy...some one on AL forums did an amazingly accurate NOAH buildup and I am sure he will be a much better source....but as far as I know...

CR and KR 41 and 42 are model designations for the VAN version of the TownAce. These model codesI beleive has a V (eg. CR42V) at the eng for VAN ? In Japan there is a strong distinction between the VAN and the Noah version made due to how the vehicles get registered. VAN is categorised as a business purpose vehicle. I think in SL car sales people like to slide in the NOAH badge in to the VAN versions as a marketing ploy).

CR is diesel

and

KR is petrol

CR41 = 2.0ltr diesel

CR42 = 2.2 ltr diesel.

I believe the CR41 was available only for model years 1996-1998 and was later replaced by the CR42 which was the 2.2ltr <not sure...someone else can verify ?>

KR41 = 1.5 ltr Petrol

KR42 = 1.8 ltr Petrol

KR41 was scrapped from 1998 onwards ?

CR52 = 2.2 ltr diesel 4WD

The grades were:

DX

DX-Super

GL

GL-Super

plus in typical Toyota fashion I am sure there would have been some adhoc special editions from dealers etc...

The NOAH on the other hand is categorized as the Town Ace "wagon" for passenger use. I believe the model designation was

SR40 = 2.0 ltr Petrol

CR40 = 2.2ltr Diesel

Grades for the NOAH were:

Royal Lounge

Field Tourer

Super Extra

LD

Again....not a van person....just going by memory on the vans and catalogs for the NOAH:

http://www.toyota.co.jp/jpn/company/history/75years/vehicle_lineage/catalog/60001375A/pageview.html#page_num=1

*EDIT: In 2005 Japan introduced additional emissions regulations and Toyota scrapped a whole list of diesel vehicles in the JDM market...so after 2004 I won't be surprised if you wont be able to find any diesel ToanAce Vans or NOAHs (just like how there were no diesel JDM Prados for a few years after 2005,then emerged and then disappeared)

*EDIT 2: Here is an online catalog for the TownAce van....sorry it is in Japanese..maybe you can have the google gods translate it for you :)

http://autoc-one.jp/toyota/townace__van/fmc502/

*EDIT 3: having gone through the above...seems like the diesel did vanish in 2005

Edited by iRage
  • Like 5

But CR & KR all model interior are same na.. no different , which one most good for home use CR 41/42 or CR40 or CR 52 ? ( my budget is below 28 lks)

Well I would imagine for the same grade the interior trinkets would be the same irrespective of whether it is petrol or diesel (which is the difference between KR and CR)...the differences would mainly be found in mounts, suspension, sound proofing etc...

Sorry I have no idea what prices in SL are...since CR40 is an actual NOAH (Town Ace WAGON), I would reckon it to be more expensive ?

do you want 4WD ? If not then drop the CR52...never driven a Town Ace NOAH of that generation so no idea how the 1.8 would perform compared to a 2.0/2.2. Perhaps the 2.0/2.2 would be better ?No idea...

• Like 1

Well I would imagine for the same grade the interior trinkets would be the same irrespective of whether it is petrol or diesel (which is the difference between KR and CR)...the differences would mainly be found in mounts, suspension, sound proofing etc...

Sorry I have no idea what prices in SL are...since CR40 is an actual NOAH (Town Ace WAGON), I would reckon it to be more expensive ?

do you want 4WD ? If not then drop the CR52...never driven a Town Ace NOAH of that generation so no idea how the 1.8 would perform compared to a 2.0/2.2. Perhaps the 2.0/2.2 would be better ?No idea...

Hi Friend,

I have seen lots CR41 & CR42, But some are completely modified it as original Noha, so i couldn't find out the DX, GL, GL-SUPER GRADES, so how can i identify it ?

And how to identify , the van is New face or old face converted ( i mean box head light) ?

Hi Friend,

I have seen lots CR41 & CR42, But some are completely modified it as original Noha, so i couldn't find out the DX, GL, GL-SUPER GRADES, so how can i identify it ?

And how to identify , the van is New face or old face converted ( i mean box head light) ?

Well if it has been converted to be like a NOAH FieldTourer or some other NOAH grade,why does it matter what it originally was ? At the time you are buying it it won't be whatever the original grade was and the price will be reflective of whatever the converted grade was (only thing is you might be able to run down the price a bit since it was converted and not original). Like I said before there is another thread of a NOAH conversion that some one else did...search for it and you will get a good idea of what to look for to see if the conversion was done properly...

Sorry I am not too familiar with what you mean by New Face/Old Face....as far as I know...the van versions came with the same front end throughout its period (with minor change to the bumper+grill) ? so would roughly look like :

2daa.jpg8cwc.jpg

...the first is a 2007 YOM and the second a 2000 YOM...

The NOAH on the other hand had a proper facelift that included the lights, etc... ?

wxhu.jpgfvhx.jpg

first is 1998 and the second 2002...

All pics are of vehicles available for sale right now in Japan. Not sure when the facelift occured just do a search for catalogs for the TownAce/NOAH and you will find out I am sure.

Also, apparently the TownAce NOAH WelCab versions (handicap accessible vehicles) came with the both the van front-end (lights) for the base version and the actual NOAH front end for the higher grades...

I believe, for the most part, the same applies for the LiteAce VAN and NOAH versions as well

but at the end of the day the outward appearances go out the window in SL because people convert these things....so just check the model code and know what the technical base is and then just check if the conversion has been done properly.

Edited by iRage