• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 406 -Advice

kumaras

Hi Friends,

I was experiencing an issue with my 406 ( D 8, 1999,1.8 cc, Manual) as it was giving some knock/vibration when accelerating @ 2nd , 3rd gear.When checked, I found it was due to one plug which has some oily stains on the head.I tested the same issue after cleaning that particular plug and car was running perfectly for 200+ km and started troubling again.Engine tune up,plug changes done 6 months back.

As per my technician( old carmart technician @ Makola), some repair on the engine( with rings, sleeves as per him) is required and I may be ready with 25 -30 K. :speechless-smiley-004:

1.What can be the reason as the engine has done only 120 K ?

2.Should I resort to another technicians, if so pls specify

3. What else, can I do alternately ?

I really appreciate your inputs as I want to fix this issue with little money @ this difficult time...... :sport-smiley-027:

Rgds,

Kumaras

Many thanks, Harshan.... I greately appreciate your advise, You not only gave me advise but helped me contacting a great fellow who gave me very clear instructions on what to do/test and was real consolation.

As per him, I may check the plugs wires first and he will advise the way forward....all DIY ...before touching anything major.

Will post the progress once those done.

Many thanks ,again.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

First, sorry for late update as I was out of office for 2-3 months.

Changing the plug wires has resolved the above issue 100% !! Plugs were not getting the adequate electric power due to some faults in the wires.

Sharing this for your info.

Special thank to you, Harshan for directing to right place...

Cheers !

• Like 3

Looks like valve oil seals are shot and that keeps spurring oil into the plug.

I don't think these engines (L6A) would need rings and sleeves at 120k. I can recommend throve automobile for anything related to Peugeots. You can contact owner on 777 677 677

I recommend too :)

• 5 months later...