• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Check Engine After Replacing The Catalytic Converter

Chaturathi

Dear all,

My car is Honda City 2003 model GD 08, 1500 cc, IDSI engine & milage is 117k. There was a problem with its catalytic converter & replaced a reconditioned catalytic converter of Corolla 121 (last week), as the garage person told that it would match with this. After installing it, the check engine appeared. When diagnose showed as O2 sensor 1 & 2 circuit malfunctioning. But i don't see any difference in fuel consumption (i did nearly 600 kms after that) (my O2 sensor was replaced 2 times & when it was malfunctioning fuel consumption was really bad).

My problem is,

1. Is this due to a different catalytic converter the sensor signals are wrong ?

2. any problem with O2 sensors ?

if any expert can help this matter it would be a great help for me. Still i did not pay a single sent to the garage owner & his agreed amount for the jib was rs 6000. Is there any place where i can buy a reconditioned catalytic as it was not available in delkanda area.