• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw E30

jaguar

Question

Hi guys, I recently decided to get myself an E30 and since this is the first time I am planning to buy which is more than 20 years old; I would like to know what kind of problems/stuff I should look out for especially I'm this model. I read in another thread that its better to buy a petrol engine than a Diesel engine so I am pretty much looking for a petrol car. I am planning to do a few upgrades after around 1 year till I get used to the car and any suggestions or advice from any BMW enthusiasts or other experts would be really helpful.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Hi guys, I recently decided to get myself an E30 and since this is the first time I am planning to buy which is more than 20 years old; I would like to know what kind of problems/stuff I should look out for especially I'm this model. I read in another thread that its better to buy a petrol engine than a Diesel engine so I am pretty much looking for a petrol car. I am planning to do a few upgrades after around 1 year till I get used to the car and any suggestions or advice from any BMW enthusiasts or other experts would be really helpful.

Thanks

The E30 is probably one of the best cars to find information on online thanks to it's worldwide popularity. Some googling will tell you all the key things you need to know.

Also, Diesel E30s were rare models and I dont think any made it to SL. Plus they are very old tech motors so not at all what you should be looking at. Go petrol.

In short though: The E30 is a great car, parts availability is still ok but they are getting expensive now

The E30 is probably one of the best cars to find information on online thanks to it's worldwide popularity. Some googling will tell you all the key things you need to know.

Also, Diesel E30s were rare models and I dont think any made it to SL. Plus they are very old tech motors so not at all what you should be looking at. Go petrol.

In short though: The E30 is a great car, parts availability is still ok but they are getting expensive now

Thanks, what do you think of this one:

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=131959

Thanks, what do you think of this one: http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=131959

High spec car but older and has a carburetted engine. You want to be looking at the fuel injected 316i models with as late a year of manufacture as possible... They are more expensive but a better long term choice.