• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 A\c Control Unit

maheshw

Guys am seeking for some advices to rectify an issue having in my car. Machine is Ek3 Yom 1999.

My issue is like below,

Fan controlling knob which have Auto & level 1 to Hi position, all are working well.

Temperature controlling unit 20C-25C is working but 30C which is for heat is not working.

And in air controlling knob only the face position is working ( which is highlighted) Auto mode & none of the other positions are not working.

(working only highlighted areas)

Who can re correct this? AC technician or Auto electrician ?

I showed this to my auto electrician & he state there are regulators near\or inside the cabin to control these & might be those are removed or not functioning ?

Any idea about this repair & cost ?

post-48774-0-93679500-1382420025_thumb.j

There are two motors for Mode Control and Air Mix Control. Both of them seems to be inoperative in your case. Any idea if your audio system working on the original harness or on a bypassed power line?

Rumesh88 mmm no idea about the audio system wiring. can a auto electrician check this issue? or do i need ac technician?

The problem seems to be between the Heater Control Panel (unit behind the three controls) and the motors. Also there is a possibility for mechanisms to get jammed too. Why I asked that question on audio system is to confirm one of the power connections to the heater control panel which shares the same fuse with the audio system. (Pl post a pic of under the hood fuse box with its top cover opened if you can)

An auto-electrician familiar with this Heater Control panel should be able to sort it out (but I am afraid I cannot recommend anyone).

Edited by Rumesh88