• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Problem In The Clutch Of My Mazda Bg3P

Thanushka

Hi All,

My car is a 1996 Mazda BG3P. About 1 yr back I’ve swapped my engine and my mechanic said that the clutch plate has work out and asked me to replace it. And I said ok for that.

After that from time to time clutch becomes very heavier and difficult to push the pedal. And when you push the pedal and release it quickly the pedal comes up with a “Creek” sound and I’ve notice that clutch will not engage with the speed of releasing the paddle. Which means that when I quickly release the pedal, I fell that there is a 2-5 second lag in engaging the clutch and it engages slowly.

When I stop the vehicle for some time and start it again then it works fine.

I feel that the clutch getting difficult to push when I drive in heavy traffic like Colombo where frequent releasing and engaging the clutch involves.

Does anyone have any idea about the cause and what goes wrong?

And would be grateful if someone can recommend me a garage or mechanic who can fix this at a reasonable price.

Thanushka meant to say ...........

"Thanks machan, I'll try with a mechanic. But my worry is that I've replace both clutch pumps with cylinders ect, about 1 yr back. And this issue pop's up time to time randomly."

But unfortunately he had used the report button instead of the quote and reply buttons :)

@Thanushka

I believe you have a check valve at the slave cylinder end of the clutch hydraulic hose. If so the valve opens when the snap-in hose connector is properly inserted into the slave cylinder housing. Please ignore my comment if you don't find this valve. If you can post a pic of the slave cylinder end I can confirm. You may experience this issue if there is a problem with the check valve.

Edited by Rumesh88

Thanushka meant to say ...........

"Thanks machan, I'll try with a mechanic. But my worry is that I've replace both clutch pumps with cylinders ect, about 1 yr back. And this issue pop's up time to time randomly."

But unfortunately he had used the report button instead of the quote and reply buttons :)

Oops. Sorry machan. I was busy with office work on yesterday and it seems I've clicked the wrong button.

@Thanushka

I believe you have a check valve at the slave cylinder end of the clutch hydraulic hose. If so the valve opens when the snap-in hose connector is properly inserted into the slave cylinder housing. Please ignore my comment if you don't find this valve. If you can post a pic of the slave cylinder end I can confirm. You may experience this issue if there is a problem with the check valve.

Thanks machan.. I'll check it and see

Did you replace just the clutch plate of the entire clutch kit? If not it could be that your pressure plate is worn too. The "creak" you hear could be a worn release bearing.

If you replaced the whole kit it could mean that they have not been aligned and installed properly - a common mistake that many make.