• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Research On Buying Intention Of Hybrid Vehicles

Thilina Dk

since you asked for it.

title: "please make sure you GO THROUGH each section

Q3: most preferred 5 VEHICLE brands in sri lanka

Q4: what purpose do you use your car FOR?

Q9: ARE YOU AWARE OF the vehicle technologies...

Q10 part 3: would appreciate me if i bought A hybrid vehicle

part 4: i will BE influenced...

part 5: meaning unclear. do you mean to ask: "i will buy a hybrid vehicle which will be driven by others (i own the car, others use the car) or i will buy a second hand hybrid?

Q11: spellcheck. dude at least run a spellcheck...

Q15: part 1: hybrid cars will SUCCEED in the future, or will BE SUCCESSFUL in the future

part 3: which are IMPORTED to sri lanka

part 4: valUe

part 5: on my reputation. not "the reputation"

Q20: salary SCALE

no one else will bother to tell you this but, do understand that:

1. this is not elakiri.com. pls don't murder your second language here.

2. you'll be submitting this to your board of study or superiors or whoever. your language skills WILL matter there, no matter how much you hate me for pointing these out now.

so polish this up and correct the errors when you submit.

And on the topic of the survey, I completed it but I agree with Komi that you really should go through what you typed or ask someone else to do it for you to check for your spelling and grammar. A well worded/presented survey makes people want to do it rather than "get it over with".

Another person you should talk to is someone who is in market research. Tell the person what information you want to know and they will help you create and organize the questions.

For example in a survey double negative statement give a different meaning than a positive statement. A car that is not-expensive, is not the same as a car that is cheap.

Anyway, if you want some productive answers you might want to talk to someone who knows how to create survey questions and do this again. It will be some more work, but would be worth it. And I'm sure those of us who already completed it will be more than happy to re-take it the survey.

:)

• Like 1

Guys i'm doing a research on the topic of Buying intention of Hybrid Vehicles In Sri Lanka, as for my Uni final year dissertation. can you please spent five minutes to complete this survey.

your constructive comments are well come...

http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.aspx?id=28228cba-e5d5-4459-8480-a8727f893c9f

Hi, just completed it. But strongly agreed with komisiripala & watchman. You need to be more careful about the language & spellings in this kind of a thing. You could run a spell check & also, you could ask from a someone else who good in English, for grammar mistakes here.

Here are some of my comments (apart from Komi's comments which I strongly agree with)

5. What factors you are consider most before you buying a vehicle?

Some people (like many autolankans) buy vehicles for driving pleasure and comfort. This may be an alien concept for the typical Toyota driver. But you should include these factors too

6. Which type of car you would prefer if you were to buy a car?

3rd and 4th answers are same. Electric/Gasoline is what we call hybrid

The first two statements are "I WAS this.." "I WAS That..." ... it only applies to people who own hybrids already!

it would be a awfully half-hearted job if he doesn't come back nor take the feedback into consideration. He really needs to brush up on his surveying skills. I filled out one of the free text questions (shocking how many free text questions he has, especiually related to ranking.. it won't take a genious to realize that tabulating free text answers is a bitch) saying "read the feedback given on autolanka". Hopefully he sees it.

Apart from all of the above I found the survey a bit tedious/boring to answer. If you need real answers you need to make it a bit more interesting. Otherwise the respondents will just dropout halfway through.

@watchman, I see you call those questions "free text", are you in the market research industry by any chance ?

Edited by Amila G

Apart from all of the above I found the survey a bit tedious/boring to answer. If you need real answers you need to make it a bit more interesting. Otherwise the respondents will just dropout halfway through.

@watchman, I see you call those questions "free text", are you in the market research industry by any chance ?

That's exactly what I was talking about in my very first comment.

As for the free text, well, I'm in the IT industry, so we use that term too. But I also am dating a person working in polling and market research.. So i kinda hear a lot of stuff about asking the right questions and structuring questionnaires and what not..

That's exactly what I was talking about in my very first comment.

As for the free text, well, I'm in the IT industry, so we use that term too. But I also am dating a person working in polling and market research.. So i kinda hear a lot of stuff about asking the right questions and structuring questionnaires and what not..

ah ok, I'm in IT too and working on a big system that sends out market research surveys... I had a thought you might be using our system ;)