• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2014

MasterDon

Ok so the new season looming ever so close...the most aniticipated in recent times I feel...

Car launches to begin at the end of January with McLaren...rumour is the red and white Marlboro livery is making a return.

And Vote for the new Ferrari's name here http://2014f1car.ferrari.com/en/#choose

Finally I'm sure you all know the passing of John Button.I'm gonna miss seeing the old coot trying to feel up Jessica all the time...Guided his son from carting all the way to the world championship...Respect and RIP!

• Like 2

Ah .. finally, was waiting for MD to do the honors! Glad to know you can vote for the new Ferrari's name .. even though they are complaining all the time, they seem to be the most confident in bringing the full package to Jerez.

BTW, it will be 20th anniversary of Senna's passing on May 1st, right?

Although no choice really excites me, below are the current numbers chosen by the grid.

1* Sebastian Vettel, R*D B*LL
3 Daniel Ricciardo, R*D B*LL
44 Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
6 Nico Rosberg, Mercedes
14 Fernando Alonso, Ferrari
7 Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari
8 Romain Grosjean, Lotus
13 Pastor Maldonado, Lotus
22 Jenson Button, McLaren
20 Kevin Magnussen, McLaren
27 Nico Hulkenberg, Force India
11 Sergio Perez, Force India
99 Adrian Sutil, Sauber
21 Esteban Gutierrez, Sauber
25 Jean-Eric Vergne, Toro Rosso
26 Daniil Kvyat, Toro Rosso
19 Felipe Massa, Williams
77 Valtteri Bottas, Williams
17 Jules Bianchi, Marussia
4 Max Chilton, Marussia
TBA, Caterham
TBA, Caterham

* 5 for Vettel when he loses the championship in 2014 :P

Caterham has signed Kamui Kobayashi and Marcus Ericsson (A GP2 Driver) as their race drivers. So the grid is completed with all 22 Drivers for 2014 season.

And below are the 2014 car launching dates announced by the teams upto now.

McLaren - January 24

Ferrari - January 25

Sauber - January 26

Toro Rosso - January 27

Mercedes - January 28

Caterham - January 28

R*D B*LL - January 28

Further, the first 2014 pre season testing begins at Jerez on January 28th. With so many changes to the car this year wonder how its going to be. Fingers Crossed.

Edited by BlackorWhite

Hey that doesn't look too bad.I was expecting Quasimodo looking cars from the way Newey and the lot were going on about how the cars gonna look damn ugly this season...But I'll reserve my full judgement untill I see all the cars from other angles.

Cool FI livery though.I suspect they'll be a force to reckon with this year.With the Merc engine and a solid driver line up.

Great to see Kobayashi back,I missed his banzai moves...Caterham didn't sign him out of the goodness of their hearts ofcourse,he's bringing sponserhips and isn't paid.

Edited by MasterDon

Yes the FI livery is abdolutely stunning. But as MD said don't know how the car will look from other angles because this year everybody is really concerned about the design of the nose, which is not visible in the FI image. Caterham has already admitted that the Nose of their car is ugly and looks like an Alien. May be this is what Newey is refering to. And more news, Kimi is set to drive the new Ferrari for the first two days.

Hey that doesn't look too bad.I was expecting Quasimodo looking cars from the way Newey and the lot were going on about how the cars gonna look damn ugly this season...But I'll reserve my full judgement untill I see all the cars from other angles.

Cool FI livery though.I suspect they'll be a force to reckon with this year.With the Merc engine and a solid driver line up.

Great to see Kobayashi back,I missed his banzai moves...Caterham didn't sign him out of the goodness of their hearts ofcourse,he's bringing sponserhips and isn't paid.

I'm not usually fond of pay drivers but for Kobayashi I'll make an exception :) F1 is big in Japan and its good Japanese corporations are doing their bit to put their guys in the driver line up (somewhat the case with Maldanado and Bottas as well....)

Ah hell, everyone's going the fugly route but an interesting take by scuderia on the nose. Is it just me or does the side pod air vents on the F14 T much smaller than all the cars unveiled so far?