• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan March Engine Misfire (Cr14De )

newone

Question

Hi guys, Need a help from you all to find out what happend to my nisan March BK12 . I am really worried about the things happend with it since last month.. here what happened...

1. Around 5 weeks ago I felt the car is not accelerating properly. engine is getting slower when accelerating. mostly when overtaking and hard accelerating. So I went to my mechanic and he said it may be problem with fuel filter. So he removed the filter ( actually the fuel filter, fuel pump and the fuel gauge comes as a combined unit) and adviced me to replace it. since the whole unit is cost around 38k , he advice me to buy a reconditioned one. So I bought a one from a place near attidiya junction. He checked it and fixed it. So the problem solved.

2. after running around 50km , The engine started to misfire.( started to cough :unsure: ). Again went to the mechanic and he said there may be a problem with ignition. So he checked the spark plugs and coils. he told the spark plug gap was higher than the usual and that may be a problem.( spark plugs are NGK normal ones and done aroung 6000Km) . So he adjusted the gap and fixed them again. Then again the issue seems solved.

3. again after around 200Km engine again started to misfire. but this time it only happens when engine is on ideal. when as long as pressing the accelerator it wont come. When in N. P or D with break , the issue is there... also there is a pop-pop sound coming from the silencer. A attached a video to get a clear idea.

Please guys , can you advice me what happened ? and a good mechanic near moratuwa, kohuwala area.

Did you notice any change(level drop or color change) in oil or coolant ?

Nope. Haven't checked the coolant color yet. Coz it already mixed with water and color has changed. ( after changing the thermostat 6 months ago ,persons @ Mot**R*x katubedda filled water for wasted coolant )

There are few simple things that one could have done for it is obvious that one of the cylinders is not properly firing before going for a scan and suspecting coil pack etc.

1. Removing the plugs to see which one has more deposits. It can be one of the plugs having a manufacturing defect. For this reason I always keep the old set of plugs so that just in case if a plug is suspected I can test it instead of blindly changing all. However, it is much cheaper to replace a plug with abnormal deposits if it can be singled out just to test than doing all other things.

2. Misfiring could also be due a compression leak due to one of the valves not seating properly. Can be diagnosed with a hand held compression meter.

3.Also it could be one of the injectors partially clogged and not operating properly at idle speeds.

I get the feeling that a scan, although required to do in this case, might not reveal a fault directly.

Like Rumesh88 said this may be due to partially clogged injector/s,i think mpg not normal now.

still hope ur car cooling system fine(no direct fan for radiator) and no drop in oil level,

btw does ur garage smell like petrol pump ? after a trip.

Edited by aps

Like Rumesh88 said this may be due to partially clogged injector/s,i think mpg not normal now.

still hope ur car cooling system fine(no direct fan for radiator) and no drop in oil level,

btw does ur garage smell like petrol pump ? after a trip.

I also having the same symptoms, I have done the followings,

1. Full tuneup (Cleaned injectors, Throttle body, IACV, and fuel filter outer mesh)

2. Scanned and no error codes.

3. Replaced the ignition coil (I'm having a distributor with one coil)

4. Mechanic checked the cylinder pressure by a hand held gauge and it was OK.

5. Replaced the plug wires

It was OK after I replaced the ignition coil, but one day after it came again. Replaced the plug wires and the issue went away again. But after 2 days it came again.

I can see the air bubbles coming out of the radiator.

and yeah garage smells like a petrol pump, even after 8 hours of outside parking I can still smell petrol when I came near the vehicle.

Edited by kushan

What is your car model and the year? When you say you observe air bubbles in the radiator do you observe large bubbles popping up or is it the tiny bubbles? Also immediately after a run slowly open the petrol cap while listening for air sucked into the tank because slight vacuum should remain in the tank after you run the car for a while.

What is your car model and the year? When you say you observe air bubbles in the radiator do you observe large bubbles popping up or is it the tiny bubbles? Also immediately after a run slowly open the petrol cap while listening for air sucked into the tank because slight vacuum should remain in the tank after you run the car for a while.

Honda HR-V, 2000 manufactured. I can see large bubbles at the first and goes away in 10 minutes, then I'm getting small bubbles a lot. Mechanic open up the reservoir and put the overflow tube to a water bottle, when the miss comes in, bubbles coming out of it.

So he said I need to replace the gasket.

Honda HR-V, 2000 manufactured. I can see large bubbles at the first and goes away in 10 minutes, then I'm getting small bubbles a lot. Mechanic open up the reservoir and put the overflow tube to a water bottle, when the miss comes in, bubbles coming out of it.

So he said I need to replace the gasket.

Your mechanic could be right then.

Your mechanic could be right then.

Can I know why you asked whether I'm seeing the large bubbles or small ones?

Can I know why you asked whether I'm seeing the large bubbles or small ones?

Small bubbles appear when air dissolved in water is released while being heated up or when you have a few "hot spots" along the water path. This is normal. If you get large bubbles then there has to be a air leak somewhere along the water path.

Hey Guys.. Thank you all for kind help.. the whole issue caused due to wrong spark plug. Even the agent has used the wrong one. I have download the service manual and read it cearefully. Then they have mentioned which spark plugs should use. It should be platinum tipped one. All the time the tuneup guys and the agents mechanics used the normal one. It is ok with cr12de engine but not with this. Even agents didnt bother to look the engine type properly which I specially mentioned to them. Here what happend.

• after I posted this I went to nissan agent and explained them what happened. The first thing they said was it should be a problem with ignition coil.
  • Said they need to do tuneup first , if the problem appears again then need to replace all 4 ignition coils. ( which is 3500 each used @ delkanda)
  • Then they did the tune up changed the plugs
  • The problem solved
  • they charged 15,000 for whole thing.
  • But fuel consumption is high ( Earlier it was 11-12 city and now its around 8-10)
  • But I was happy coz the problem has gone.

after 3200 km misfire started again.

• when checking the spark plugs they looks really bad.
  • So I checked the service manual and found the issue.
  • They all have used LFR5A-11 plug which is non platinum tipped. It has to be LFR5AP-11 ( platinum tipped) which is recomended by the service manual.
  • So i bought 4 plugs and replaced old ones.

Now Car seems like powered up. No misfires and I am happy.

Thank you all for kind advice's.

Hi guys, Need a help from you all to find out what happend to my nisan March BK12 . I am really worried about the things happend with it since last month.. here what happened...

1. Around 5 weeks ago I felt the car is not accelerating properly. engine is getting slower when accelerating. mostly when overtaking and hard accelerating. So I went to my mechanic and he said it may be problem with fuel filter. So he removed the filter ( actually the fuel filter, fuel pump and the fuel gauge comes as a combined unit) and adviced me to replace it. since the whole unit is cost around 38k , he advice me to buy a reconditioned one. So I bought a one from a place near attidiya junction. He checked it and fixed it. So the problem solved.

2. after running around 50km , The engine started to misfire.( started to cough :unsure: ). Again went to the mechanic and he said there may be a problem with ignition. So he checked the spark plugs and coils. he told the spark plug gap was higher than the usual and that may be a problem.( spark plugs are NGK normal ones and done aroung 6000Km) . So he adjusted the gap and fixed them again. Then again the issue seems solved.

3. again after around 200Km engine again started to misfire. but this time it only happens when engine is on ideal. when as long as pressing the accelerator it wont come. When in N. P or D with break , the issue is there... also there is a pop-pop sound coming from the silencer. A attached a video to get a clear idea.

Please guys , can you advice me what happened ? and a good mechanic near moratuwa, kohuwala area.

Hello,

First of all your mechanic is not proffesional.When the misfire occured initially he should have checked all regarding fuel supply to fuel combustion.,from fuel filters,spark plugs ,throttle body cleaning included and even the kind of fuel used recently.

You should bring the car to a proper mechanic and probably get a Tune-up done and perhaps scannes as guys mentioned.

For nissans I reccomend Ravi at Bulugaha Junction ,Kandy road and a gentleman on at Kotta road who is famous for tune-ups,sadly I dont remember his name but he does his stuff in his garage.

All the best

Did you replace the petrol pump? If so what is the brand of the petrol pump that you replaced? 

Also, does the engine stalling occur when the petrol tank is full or when it is below a quarter?

Any ravi is the guy for you - he is a Nissan master. He will sort it out for you but he might want you to keep the car with him for a few days. He is quite trustworthy and I went to him for a long time when I had my previous car (an N16).

On 3/16/2015 at 11:10 PM, zaradiyel said:

Hello,

First of all your mechanic is not proffesional.When the misfire occured initially he should have checked all regarding fuel supply to fuel combustion.,from fuel filters,spark plugs ,throttle body cleaning included and even the kind of fuel used recently.

You should bring the car to a proper mechanic and probably get a Tune-up done and perhaps scannes as guys mentioned.

For nissans I reccomend Ravi at Bulugaha Junction ,Kandy road and a gentleman on at Kotta road who is famous for tune-ups,sadly I dont remember his name but he does his stuff in his garage.

All the best

Dhammika Fernando at Kotta road - he is good. But always Ravi for nissans.