• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Audi A4 Diesel Engine Rebuild/does Not Start

RViji

Hi thanks for the support and greetings.added about 100km today, i hope this happiness lasts for a while.

I think nowadays most car makers are using Engine parts from plastic(even cylinder head unit) to stay cost competitive and save weight, regardless of Japanese or European.

That is one reason why I decided to rebuild this engine and run for a while,this Engine is old-school with no known troublemakers like DPF Catalyst,Common rail injectors which need super diesel etc...

Even the hi-pressure pump is divided in to 4 parts and integrated in to the Injectors itself,so if one fails,the engine still runs with the other 3(although no pleasure to drive or hear).

Rebuilding engine is not the issue obviously. As long as the job was done well you will get many more miles out of the engine. And the older engines are more tolerant to bad fuel. Having said that the new common rail engines give you a lot more grunt at the same capacity and a lot smoother and quieter.

And the winner of the diesel bucket challenge nominates...

Lol happy it worked out men. Carrying that car from galle would've been rather unpleasant

I would have lost some precious engine parts along the way to Colombo.

I hope the KDH pump will hold on until I get a stock pump.

But this only seems to affect at starting.

During the diesel bucket challenge,fuel was sucked in automatically from around 1000RPM,without power supply to the pump.

Edited by RViji

I would have lost some precious engine parts along the way to Colombo.

I hope the KDH pump will hold on until I get a stock pump.

But this only seems to affect at starting.

During the diesel bucket challenge,fuel was sucked in automatically from around 1000RPM,without power supply to the pump.

You need to first establish if there is an issue with the old pump. The KDH pump is a high pressure pump so might be masking another issue somewhere else. You shouldn't need a high pressure pump for that engine.