• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Nissan Leaf

RRokz

Any idea how long it'll take to charge via the solar charging method?

I'm curious about this but from a different perspective.

I wonder if the solar unit is a static fixed or a mobile unit. I'm not 100% sure if a mobile unit is practical, as you will need to carry it around and it will take ages to charge. If this was practical Nissan should have integrated solar panels into the car itself, which is not a half bad idea.

If its a static unit, I assume whether it will be a unit that sells power units back to the national grid. To me again this is the only practical method. Doing anything else will require batteries for storage and that is less efficient. Its a lot better to sell to the grid during the day and by back at night when the car is at home charging. The issue is always when the car is not home.

• 3 months later...

I drove my co-workers Nissan Leaf today around 10kms.... One drawback I saw was, if you are the driver, the hand-rest in the right hand side of the driving seat is placed lower than the usual spot on the door and therefore if you are a RIGHT HANDED person/driver who is used to keep your elbow on the door-hand-rest while holding the steering wheel, you will have a hard time driving it... I'm used to it and a Righty so due to this i had to keep my hand in the air while driving and having an arm-ache now... But if you are a lefty, then of course you can place your driving (left hand) on the hand-rest which is placed in the middle of the car...

So thought of sharing this point, in case any of you are hoping to buy the leaf who is a Righty and is used to keep your elbow on the hand rest while driving, you might wanna consider this :)

Apart from that, the car is very comfortable and you don't feel that you are driving fast...