• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

[Q] Seat Covers And Side Airbags

terrabytetango

So I was all set to buy seat covers this morning, and then it dawned on me the front seats have airbags in them. Spoke to two people about this (one of them has a car identical to mine, the other is a GP5), neither were even aware their cars' seats have airbags in them. When posed with the question of airbag deployment, the nonchalant responses both gave me were unsettling (in my perspective), i.e. the chances of being T-boned are extremely slim etc. I for one believe not many of us have accumulated the necessary amount of "පින්" points to claim this with any kind of certainty. I'm trying to make do with a set of strap on covers, but the beige seats us Sri Lankans love so much are bloody stain magnets. What is your take on this?

Edited by terrabytetango
  • Like 1

I had the same question a couple of years back and decided against seat covers.

No one in Sri Lanka makes airbag-safe seat covers. However, in my case I could have got them down from UK because Ford Focus airbag-safe seat covers are available there. Just didn't bother about it. JDM vehicles have smaller seats than their export counterparts. I highly doubt whether you can get airbag-safe seat covers for the JDM Fit from anywhere in the world.

Majority of Sri Lankan car owners give more value to preserving the vehicle for the second owner than to the value of their loved ones' lives. I expect a regular member of AL to be a bit more intelligent than that.

• Like 2