• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Intelligent Key - Battery Drain Problem

flashmark

Hi,

I replaced my suzuki Swift remote intelligent key battery 4 days ago. I used Engizer battery for best performance. At that time remote key worked fine within 10m range. But now it is work only if the key is very close to the car (1m). I got the same experience with the old remote key battery. Seems this is not related to key battery. Any suggestions?

thanks

1. Remote smart Key batteries don't last that long, mostly way under 1 year depending on your usage

especially 2025, 2032 and 2016 are somewhat better

2. You have used an old battery probably, these batteries lose charge and have issues with their shelf life, this has happened to me many times even when far from the expiry date,

and especially when buying these batteries from supermarkets.

Buy another battery from a place where batteries move a lot; ex: Watch repairers/ dealers etc that way you can get a fresh one.

3. Always keep a spare battery in the car, and be sure to replace both the user and spare time to time, or swap in the spare and store a new one in the car.

4. +There is an override mode in every car to start it up if the key battery dies, so read your user guide and know the method

if 1 & 2 fail, you may have to contact your agent (expensive) or third party key programmer for a new key (LKR 6000 upwards)

Edited by tiv
  • Like 2