• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Place To Do A Steering Rack Repair Around Kandy

Anuz91

Dear experts,,

I have gone through the several posts that have been already discussed about steering rack repair regarding to electronic power steering systems. My vehicle is a toyota 121 and I'm having the same issue with the steering rack. I had gone to a nearby garage and they had adjusted (tightened) the rack for two times. When I visited to the same place today, they told me that now the steering rack cannot be adjusted and the only thing that can be done is to replace it with a reconditioned one. (The problem is the middle part of the rack has worn out more than it in the ends)
I have heard still it can be fixed by using some nylon bushes. Is it true? If so from where can it be done? otherwise can you suggest me a place to do the steering rack replacement? (Place around Kandy will be much helpful)
Thanks in-advance. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Yes it is possible to repair the rack. I can recommend a place but it is near Colombo. Please PM if you are interested.

Can you please PM me this place.

How is the reliability of the work, mine is EPS rack will they undertake similar jobs?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/2/2016 at 2:45 PM, Anuz91 said:

changed the entire steering rack putting a recon one. so far so good. let's see how long this would survive without a noise..:)

i am facing the same issue.. from where you replaced the rack?? What was your entire cost?????

Thanks

On 7/25/2016 at 10:45 AM, manoj123 said:

i am facing the same issue.. from where you replaced the rack?? What was your entire cost?????

Thanks

I bought the entire rack for 22/ from a place called ceyl#@a from Kandy and replaced it in a garage in Kandy. I think that spare part shop has branches in Colombo as well. PM me if you want details about the spare part shop. 

• 5 years later...