• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a car between 2 - 2.3 mil

asanka_rg

Question

Hi all,

I am confused to make a decision. first of all i have to mention i have put a fixed deposit of some money on my hand (only for 3 months, it will end in 4th January 2017). I was planning to buy a car in 2017 jan.  With the price hike of small cars in the budget 2017, I am in a trouble to make a decision that i should cancel the FD and buy a car right now or wait until January 2017.

cars i am looking for is swift 2003/4, fb15, mazda BJ5p, 110. So will the price of those cars affect ? what should I do? to save some money!! please help

4 answers to this question

22 hours ago, asanka_rg said:

Hi all,

I am confused to make a decision. first of all i have to mention i have put a fixed deposit of some money on my hand (only for 3 months, it will end in 4th January 2017). I was planning to buy a car in 2017 jan.  With the price hike of small cars in the budget 2017, I am in a trouble to make a decision that i should cancel the FD and buy a car right now or wait until January 2017.

cars i am looking for is swift 2003/4, fb15, mazda BJ5p, 110. So will the price of those cars affect ? what should I do? to save some money!! please help

There's always a confusion in the car market immediately after a budget. Most of the sellers will quote exorbitant prices to try and capitalize on the volatility of the market. Most of the buyers will give lowball offers. After 2-3 months, the market settles down and supply/demand comes to the picture. So it will reach a point of stability.

Even if I had cash in hand, I would still wait and see if I can pickup a good deal. My suggestion for you is to wait. My second suggestion for you is to avoid buying an FB15 or a 110. These are the cars that are affected most by market fluctuations.

22 hours ago, asanka_rg said:

Hi all,

if i were you, I'd wait... 

Also If i were you I'd narrow down my list to the Mazda... Prices will not rise and fall drastically for it..plus it's a value for money buy. 110 and FB15 are overpriced on any given day.