• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle pick up

Ted

Question

Hi All,

I experience a lack of pick up of my car when i ride on a mountain.. Actually the car is fully pick up in normal roads and less steep roads.. but in a road with high steep I experience a less in pick up. Goes only upto 40km/h at high rpms.. I dunno whether this is a transmission issue or sensor issue I did following things to my car before I experience this,

1) Oxigen sensor replaced and also the repair person added some resistors in series to the MAP sensor. This improved CO emmission from 8.4%  to 0.29%.

2) The TV ( Transmission Valve) cable ( Which is connected to throttle body and transmission system), had been sag. I connected a space in the cable's mounting bracket and fixed it as it is straight with a very little sag. 

Edited by Ted

1 answer to this question

You have the answer to your predicament in the above description itself. Someone has messed up with the MAP sensor. I am pretty sure that designers of whatever your car model has not taken the makabaas modification of a local mechanic into account in developing the ECU software. So the first step in finding a solution to lack of power is to reverse the modification. Then if you have other problems like higher CO emissions find proper solutions for those or else you can live with the car as it is.That's up to you.