Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good place for Audi Engine Tune up


Faizul Hasan
 Share

Recommended Posts

are you upgrading from a japanese car?why do you think or  who told you that you need a "tune-up"?  is it a petrol or diesel? i am strongly against taking your beauty to a "makabass" specializing in Japanese style engine "tune-up" .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, ajm said:

are you upgrading from a japanese car?why do you think or  who told you that you need a "tune-up"?  is it a petrol or diesel? i am strongly against taking your beauty to a "makabass" specializing in Japanese style engine "tune-up" .

Recently upgraded from Japanese car. You are true, I do not wanted to mess up with Japanese style engine tune-up. Hence asking for a place for Audi. Its a Petrol. Why do I think I need a tune-up? I feel a little sluggish when I am accelerating. Hence thought of doing a tune-up.

@ajm Are you suggesting no need for an tune-up? Even don't we have to replace the spark plugs regularly? I have no idea when was the last replacement too. Please give your advice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Faizul Hasan said:

Recently upgraded from Japanese car. You are true, I do not wanted to mess up with Japanese style engine tune-up. Hence asking for a place for Audi. Its a Petrol. Why do I think I need a tune-up? I feel a little sluggish when I am accelerating. Hence thought of doing a tune-up.

@ajm Are you suggesting no need for an tune-up? Even don't we have to replace the spark plugs regularly? I have no idea when was the last replacement too. Please give your advice.

oh,Ok its a bit different with European vehicles.what is the model year?  No such concept called "tune-up" exists. But you can take it to any modern workshop and do basic maintenance like a scan for error codes and cleaning Airfilter,Spark plugs,intercooler,EGR etc. for example Generic Scanners like Launch can do pretty comprehensive diagnosis of Audi/VWs,better than they scan Japanese vehicles. But never leave the mechanic to work alone,every nut and bolt is there for a purpose,and there is only one way possible to remove them without breaking anything else.  Apart from that no special "tune-up"s needed,they are always "tuned-up" and ready to please if you have been using the correct fluids(Oil, low-sulfur petrol)  A proper "tune-up" would include remappin Injection maps ,attaching high-PS accel pedal unit for petrol,or Injection chip for diesel. But i doubt anyone does that in Sri Lanka.basically its no good idea to change OEM parts with "high performance parts",since these engines are already performing close to their limits(unless you know what you are doing)

Edited by ajm
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Faizul Hasan said:

@fiat fan Got it. Suggest me the best procedures to do this please?

An Italian tuneup usually refers to a process whereby a motor vehicle engine is run at full load for extended periods in order to burn carbon buildup from the combustion chambers, spark plugs, and exhaust system.

 

Take it on a trip to matara, redline the RPM and touch 200kmph. thrash the girl around the bit. let the engine work hard for some time. all the carbon and stuff will be gone. also the fuel system gets cleaner. I have achieved better power and fuel economy after doing this. I took it to kandy weekly ?.. The bends were what made me happy!

 

BTW is it a B5? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

@fiat fan It is A4 B6. According to the wikipedia ;) it says "It is performed after a traditional tuneup and often accompanied by an addition of fuel system cleaner to the fuel tank". Does this mean I have to do a tuneup (kind of Japanese vehicle tuneup)? BTW what kind of fuel system cleaner have you used? I am planning to visit my relative who is in Galle. Hence I thought of taking this as an opportunity to try this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎02 at 4:28 AM, Faizul Hasan said:

BTW what kind of fuel system cleaner have you used

maybe not a good idea,these are known to create more problems than improvements especially in these high performance engines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]



×
×
  • Create New...