• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

White smoke at cold start

Ted

Hi all,

I noticed white smoke in cold start of my car. During this white smoke out water too coming out from exhaust pipe.

Also I experience the exhaust is sulpher like odour.  I also feel like I need to accelerate more than that of a normal car to go for higher speeds. Oil also reduced for around every 3000kms. 

Could you please advice me,

1) Is piston ring check enough for diagnosis?

2) exact reason that you think.

Your comment is highly appreciated.

Edited by Ted

• 3 weeks later...

How abt mileage? It's due to wear pistons and rings of  engine oil mixing to the burning chamber, Better to use 15w-40 oil and keep change oil  frequently ( 3000 kms or 6 month) can running engine another days 

Edited by dhanuFB15
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, dhanuFB15 said:

How abt mileage? It's due to wear pistons and rings of  engine oil mixing to the burning chamber, Better to use 15w-40 oil and keep change oil  frequently ( 3000 kms or 6 month) can running engine another days 

what you are saying is , due to worn out piston rings when the vehicle was overnight parked, engine oil comes into combustion chamber and those accumulated oil can make white smoke in cold start (in the morning probably)  and even make water coming out from the exhaust pipe.

I can not understand, how is it possible? please elaborate more.

Edited by MV-5

6 hours ago, dhanuFB15 said:

Yes..untill I check for engine and do the needful..started to go for 15w-40... engine is fine other than this lil white smoke at the vehicle start of the day, sudden pick-up is very lil bit weak and engine raising noise is very lil bit discrete..

On 12/27/2017 at 12:56 PM, dhanuFB15 said:

Milage is 278000 km :)