• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Detroit Auto Show

dhp

thanks for the pics..

why is the h1 there?

Thats the 2006 H1 Alpha. (from Hummer Press Release) "The 2006 H1 Alpha, featuring GM’s Duramax 6600 diesel engine, takes HUMMER performance to its ultimate extension and represents the single greatest advance in the 14-year history of the original HUMMER."

Its got a ton of low-end torque, to get going in a hurry - lots of GO-GO in SLOW-MO. Basically this is the monster u want in your corner to pull u out when u get stuck ( which is what most H1s end up doing when they go crawling - pulling Jeeps out of holes)

here are the specs

Engine - 6.6 liter diesel V8

Aspiration - turbo

Torque - 520 lb-ft @ 1500 rpm

HP - 300 @ 3000 rpm

HP/Liter -45 hp per liter

1/4 mile - 0-60 13.5 seconds

Thats the 2006 H1 Alpha. (from Hummer Press Release) "The 2006 H1 Alpha, featuring GM’s Duramax 6600 diesel engine, takes HUMMER performance to its ultimate extension and represents the single greatest advance in the 14-year history of the original HUMMER."

Its got a ton of low-end torque, to get going in a hurry - lots of GO-GO in SLOW-MO. Basically this is the monster u want in your corner to pull u out when u get stuck ( which is what most H1s end up doing when they go crawling - pulling Jeeps out of holes)

here are the specs

Engine - 6.6 liter diesel V8

Aspiration - turbo

Torque - 520 lb-ft @ 1500 rpm

HP - 300 @ 3000 rpm

HP/Liter -45 hp per liter

1/4 mile - 0-60 13.5 seconds

yea n it costs a US$130,000

yea n it costs a US$130,000

Yeah, the price tag is just un-real considering how much H1s depreciate (not in SL) ...but the guys who need an ego boost will spend the big bucks. ;)

I think the H3 is the most practical and most bang for the buck. esp with a predator S/C - just my opinion

about the pics: It was hard to take pics of the cars with ppl all over them....can't stand the posers :lol: It would be nice to get an SLR with a wide angle lens for next time.

I also have some video from the show, I'll try and post it soon..

-Hari

Yeah, the price tag is just un-real considering how much H1s depreciate (not in SL) ...but the guys who need an ego boost will spend the big bucks. ;)

I think the H3 is the most practical and most bang for the buck. esp with a predator S/C - just my opinion

about the pics: It was hard to take pics of the cars with ppl all over them....can't stand the posers :lol: It would be nice to get an SLR with a wide angle lens for next time.

I also have some video from the show, I'll try and post it soon..

-Hari

in birmingham we were watchd by hawks wen near the SLR and the Carrera GT...the queue to get closer to the Carrera GT was loooooonnnnnngggggg but worth it :)

nice pics man...taken at very professional angles too...u shud take it up as a serious hobby

pericles wud'v had an orgasm seeing the xanavi 350Z

I agree.

And Shak baby, I have already been drooling over the Xanavi @ the JGTC site :D However, the Calsonic looks a little better, so that's why I bought the RC of that. I had the choice. Actually, I can get the Xanavi body too. Should be less than 10K for the body and the wheels. Which is the only difference in the R/C :D

about the pics: It was hard to take pics of the cars with ppl all over them....can't stand the posers :D It would be nice to get an SLR with a wide angle lens for next time.

Yeah, bro. Tell me about it. Frustrating as hell. I remember spending about 20 mins trying to get a clear shot of Velocity's blue Mazda3, but all these punters kept wandering into the frame... grrr...

good god! :huh::huh:

wonder how h1 sales are after the introduction of the h2 and h3.

I dont think the introduction of the H2 has hindered new H1 sales because they are in totally different price/income brackets. However, since the Bush govt decided to give a tax incentives ($6K~) a few years ago for companies that bought heavy SUVs, the H2 sales got a jump start in sales. Which has really hurt the used H1 sales, cos instead of buying a used H1 one can get a new H2. This has caused the H1's resale value to drop like a rock...