• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Check Indicating In My Civic - Advice Pls

Hola

So reading all the post up here, it is understood that the sensor might or might not tell the true picture. Anyway i am going soon to the agents. Hope they accpet credit cards

Yes macho. I think you got the correct direction. This is a civic? Stafford they do accept credit cards. And also they do a decent jot at the right cost.

Good Luck

aswe

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So reading all the post up here, it is understood that the sensor might or might not tell the true picture. Anyway i am going soon to the agents. Hope they accpet credit cards

they do accept :( , but better watch out for how they bill you, no kidding last time they had billed me for the front brake pads twice :lol: , good i double checked the bill

yo ... going to agent is not big deal, its up to u :-) u paid for stafford not for ur damage. its true that they give guarantee 4 there work.

Yeah men, at the end of the day the agents will know head to tale

I don't really think so. Last time they recommended Vi_RS plugs for my SiR. And they hadn't seen a B16A in a EK body. Wait till they see a B18C in a EG they will sure hit the roof. I would only recommend the agents if u want to change a bush or something related to the suspension becos most of the civic's from 92 -00 basically have the say system

I don't really think so. Last time they recommended Vi_RS plugs for my SiR. And they hadn't seen a B16A in a EK body. Wait till they see a B18C in a EG they will sure hit the roof. I would only recommend the agents if u want to change a bush or something related to the suspension becos most of the civic's from 92 -00 basically have the say system

Ok,

my prob is , that i got the engine check light on. I drove a bit, nothing seems wrong. Never changed the plugs

Ok,

my prob is , that i got the engine check light on. I drove a bit, nothing seems wrong. Never changed the plugs

hey there is a quick solution 4 dat, remove battery cables for while and hook it up and see whether check light is still on. if light gets off then no need to worry. light still on then there is a problem.

hey there is a quick solution 4 dat, remove battery cables for while and hook it up and see whether check light is still on. if light gets off then no need to worry. light still on then there is a problem.

yes try dat. its equivelent to resetting the ECU using the computer.

well in my case(described in my previous post) the check light popped again, the problem was wit the loose connection...

if we completely overlook the price issue, wot z da ideal plc/s to maintain a Honda i.e. Parts, repairs?

ek3

OK , gud do u see 2 output plugs from ECU, find 2 pin small plug and connect wire to it. then count the check light blinks. long blink is count as 10, and short blinks count as 1. before restarting the same routine there is a gap of 5 seconds rougly. when u doing it u can figure out the order of blinks. gud luck let me know the sum of blinks count.

cheers

forgot something after connecting the wire turn the key to ON, don't start okay.

Thusha beat me to it. Try the manual "paper clip diagnostics" and see what it is. It should be a 2 position brown connector with green wires - underneath the passenger side carpet (mine is a US spec Vigor - so no flaming if wrong). Try Honda forums once u get the number...good luck

Most proly its an O2 sensor - not sure howmany ur model has (my Nissan has had 2 bad ones for about 2.5 yrs) but get it fixed! do as I say not as I do

Guys, thank you for the info and advice. I wil then take to the agents as i am not realy good with tools etc. And i am sure i will screw t up more. But i am pretty pissed that we have to look into these nitty gritty sensor stuff. Why the hell these stuff be simple? I dont realy know if these sensors realy help. The last time the sensor in the AC went off we had to give manula switching and bypass the unit. Even stafford did not have the unit

Guys, thank you for the info and advice. I wil then take to the agents as i am not realy good with tools etc. And i am sure i will screw t up more. But i am pretty pissed that we have to look into these nitty gritty sensor stuff. Why the hell these stuff be simple? I dont realy know if these sensors realy help. The last time the sensor in the AC went off we had to give manula switching and bypass the unit. Even stafford did not have the unit

you dont have to look into any nitty gritty sensor stuff that's what the indication lights in the dash are for. if you want a simple car go buy a 50 year old antique car.

you dont have to look into any nitty gritty sensor stuff that's what the indication lights in the dash are for. if you want a simple car go buy a 50 year old antique car.

:) yeh, i guess hola should happy wit da ek3 , all new models have hell of sensors :)

Machang

Any luck on your engine prob??? Please post your development if any?

aswe

WTF men, i even came to rathmalana today...whatthe hell, i take care of it soo much, go to agents, maintain it well, drive without even going to a samll bump...and these probs realy keeps me down

WTF men, i even came to rathmalana today...whatthe hell, i take care of it soo much, go to agents, maintain it well, drive without even going to a samll bump...and these probs realy keeps me down

machan dont be so fussy, like fuzzo go to Zacky if the agents cant fix it ...

And best of all , i called the agents for tomorow they are closed....

i dont know, very annoyed. A honda meet in a accident to find the parts we have to spend around 1month, air filter honda - 7500/= nissan fb15 only 2500/=, we take to agents, raise it like a baby and at the end all these lights... should have got those Corolla 121s...im serious

And best of all , i called the agents for tomorow they are closed....

i dont know, very annoyed. A honda meet in a accident to find the parts we have to spend around 1month, air filter honda - 7500/= nissan fb15 only 2500/=, we take to agents, raise it like a baby and at the end all these lights... should have got those Corolla 121s...im serious

No wonder they say, honda's hard to maintain..

Are u comparing the same?? Air filter from stafford and A*W or from stafford to some funny brand????

I thougt as an agent stafford prices are reasonalble?

If that was for me, i was generally speaking.. no comparison.