• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

SLMCC-ITN Katukurunda Circuit Race Meet 25'th June

miniace

Haa .. sum Cool racers here bak in action . Well i missed the event but the da b4 all the racers were coming to get there stickers on ...

Wow .and darin U got a nice car there .. n yeah any 1 can tell ur cars handling by looking at the show down u did at the slalom at the AMRC speed trak .

Gr8 work hope to see u Guys racing up again

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i must say the M3 was sure sounding the dog's bollox on the track...beautiful...

sajaad fought well to shake that hatch off his tail...dilan's accelerator cable snapping was a real disappointmnt after a pretty gud start...and manna gainin from the back of the grid was super...wudve had a shot at 2nd had he not spun off...the motorcycle parade was a treat except for the few who rode like idiots...

congrats to the rest of the winners

p.s. as much as sum ppl confidently predictd rain...im sure happy it didnt :)

Edited by sharkster

None the less it was a lovely hot and humid day.. Not much remaining on my skin after the day! Farzan's predictions were top notch though.. silenced all the Scooby fans- why is it that Subarus seem to be so unreliable in recent times? I can not remember a competitive one for the last couple of years

None the less it was a lovely hot and humid day.. Not much remaining on my skin after the day! Farzan's predictions were top notch though.. silenced all the Scooby fans- why is it that Subarus seem to be so unreliable in recent times? I can not remember a competitive one for the last couple of years

well wait till i get a shot at racing one :)

thanks miniace

both boys are two of my close friends, and i think they were just trying to cheer me up, as i said there is always a NEXT TIME ,

Darin! I knew that..Im happy that you practice patience!

Madz im having few pictures from my collection and will post here on thumbnail windows soon!

machang shantha 's subaru is a sti 2 ra which is around 8 years old, i am surprised it actually was in front of the m3 for a couple of laps. The problem with subaru is no one here in SL can tune the car because of the engine having AVCS ( active valve control system) which is similar to the VTEC mechanism.

But if you take the new generation sti like the 8 or 9 in good hands and proper tuning it would give the evo a run for its money.

Anyway hopefully in the near future we can change this misconception and give all the evo's a decent battle with a subaru

machang shantha 's subaru is a sti 2 ra which is around 8 years old, i am surprised it actually was in front of the m3 for a couple of laps. The problem with subaru is no one here in SL can tune the car because of the engine having AVCS ( active valve control system) which is similar to the VTEC mechanism.

But if you take the new generation sti like the 8 or 9 in good hands and proper tuning it would give the evo a run for its money.

Anyway hopefully in the near future we can change this misconception and give all the evo's a decent battle with a subaru

Thanks for the info-Thats good technology.. so all this mivec-tubo stuff is old news since subaru's been doing it for ages! But the Sti3 held it own for the few laps it was in the lead at an awesome pace- the M3 was lucky as it didnt look like an over take was possible. Like you said a newer car would def. have given a better fight. Who are their Dudes who specialize in Subaru tunning locally? And what makes AVCS so tough to manage?

shantha 's subaru is a sti 2 ra which is around 8 years old, i am surprised it actually was in front of the m3 for a couple of laps.

i rest my case...haters!

hi everyone!!!

remeber me? well, been away from the forum quite some time.. i'm in San Diego these days on vacation.... been here abt 3 weeks now... its a really nice place... AMAZING cars/roads....

hey madz and peri, real nice job with the pictures!

btw, why wasnt there a group A (supercars) event?

hay miniace looking fwd to it...tx mate!

Sorry for the delay!

DARIN'S IMPUL MARCH

imag00240qp.th.jpg

DAMMIKE'S MARCH

imag00287fl.th.jpg

OSANDA'S 6 WHEELER

imag00385dk.th.jpg

DONALD'S RED MINI INFRONT OF THE MINI FORCE

imag00376mg.th.jpg

A HONDA VISITOR

imag00433jl.th.jpg

DILSHAN,AJITH AND DONALD

imag00396dc.th.jpg

SUSANTHA AFTER THE WIN

imag00313jd.th.jpg

DANGEROUS SPECTATOR BEHAVIOUR

imag00480ca.th.jpg

Sorry for the delay!

DARIN'S IMPUL MARCH

imag00240qp.th.jpg

DAMMIKE'S MARCH

imag00287fl.th.jpg

OSANDA'S 6 WHEELER

imag00385dk.th.jpg

DONALD'S RED MINI INFRONT OF THE MINI FORCE

imag00376mg.th.jpg

A HONDA VISITOR

imag00433jl.th.jpg

DILSHAN,AJITH AND DONALD

imag00396dc.th.jpg

SUSANTHA AFTER THE WIN

imag00313jd.th.jpg

DANGEROUS SPECTATOR BEHAVIOUR

imag00480ca.th.jpg

good work miniace.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

i guess itz not the technology dat keeps subaru slower, itz da packaging... evo is SHEER PERFORMANCE but subaru's are made wit more day to day appeal datz what JC tried to emphasise all the way!

i guess itz not the technology dat keeps subaru slower, itz da packaging... evo is SHEER PERFORMANCE but subaru's are made wit more day to day appeal datz what JC tried to emphasise all the way!

Err, not the idea I got at all. JC and all the top gear guys generally say Subarus are more basic, and appeal more to the macho side of guys, rather than the technical evo which the tech does help it go faster. Basically that it has more soul, more character. Its not robotic.

Err, not the idea I got at all. JC and all the top gear guys generally say Subarus are more basic, and appeal more to the macho side of guys, rather than the technical evo which the tech does help it go faster. Basically that it has more soul, more character. Its not robotic.

yah true the word "Sheer Performance" was misleading... i wanted to say that Evo is all about performance on paper etc.... sti is raw performance as it has less computers on borad but evo wit more computers is ahead in terms of performance on paper(may not necessarily be raw performance) :D

yah true the word "Sheer Performance" was misleading... i wanted to say that Evo is all about performance on paper etc.... sti is raw performance as it has less computers on borad but evo wit more computers is ahead in terms of performance on paper(may not necessarily be raw performance) :D

i hardly got a word of that...

i hardly got a word of that...

STI

----

* less electronics(chips) so driver involvement is more

* difficult to drive

* more luxuries/accessories

* performance figures are invariably inferior to Evo

EVO

----

* more electronics, but driver involvement is less

* ezier 2 drive

* less luxuries/accessories

* performance on paper is better because computers assist drivers

STI

----

* difficult to drive

* more luxuries/accessories

* performance figures are invariably inferior to Evo

EVO

----

* more electronics, but driver involvement is less

* ezier 2 drive

* less luxuries/accessories

* performance on paper is better because computers assist drivers

Please dont get me wrong here but thats a silly comparison. The STi is as basic as it comes in terms on interior perks smd so is the Evo! these are hardcore performance cars- what do you expect?

I really cant understand how a car can have "less electronics(chips)" ?? :( Does it have half a chip or something? Half a potato chip maybe?

Since when does that make a car harder to drive? Oh my God I better not change that chip in my car- dont want to make it easier to drive :D:D ha ha you need to read up a lot more on the STi's active center differential- no these are not there to help the Driver ;)

By the way the Sti is still the better car for uneven road surfaces.. so performance needs to be judged beyond the numbers..

STI

----

the only way an STi requires more driver involvement is through its steering...its steering is said to be a lil less responsiv and its 'chips' r fine...as pila said...

actually u shud take the chance to drive both examples...if u dnt push em very hard u wudnt notice a difference...

Please dont get me wrong here but thats a silly comparison. The STi is as basic as it comes in terms on interior perks smd so is the Evo! these are hardcore performance cars- what do you expect?

they'r both pretty basic but the EVO interior looks pretty bland machan...and has small dials...im talkin abt the EVO 8 here...

well JC reviewing Sti and Evo doesnt think so... he definitely highlights the fact that Sti is better equppied of course i didnt mean that STi is comparable to S class or summin, i was talking in relation to STi vs. evo

By the way the Sti is still the better car for uneven road surfaces.. so performance needs to be judged beyond the numbers..

dat is of course a popular belief which is not proven on paper, datz why i was careful to use the word "on paper" whilst trying to state that evo is a better performer... evo 0-60 numbers etc. are better, even JC testings clearly made this evident! then again what happens on gravel is beyond my knowledge thus i wish not to talk about it

dat is of course a popular belief which is not proven on paper, datz why i was careful to use the word "on paper" whilst trying to state that evo is a better performer... evo 0-60 numbers etc. are better, even JC testings clearly made this evident! then again what happens on gravel is beyond my knowledge thus i wish not to talk about it

and that's precisely wat those cars r built for (more or less)...gravel!