• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rpm Values

Kasuncp

Question

11 answers to this question

Hi, Im new to this Site. Please tell me whats the Best RPM values when AC On and Off

AC On - XXX

AC Off - XXX

Kasun

WELCOME !!!

Normally its around 700rpm AC/OFF, 900rpm AC/ON... as pila said its easy to provide actual figures if u can provide model. also its depend on transmission. so tell us whether its manual or auto

cheers

Hi, Thnak for the Reply,

Model - Ford Festiva (Manual)

YOM - 1994

Petrol

Kasun

Sorry forgot to tell the Problem.

When i on the AC, my RMP goes down.

When AC Off its OK.

My mecanic said the "AC Advance" Switch is not working. is it a Expencive part? my engin is a EFI engen

Kasun

OK, so u have engine idle problem when AC is on, there r few things u can do

- if its too expensive try to find used one, i'm not sure whether used parts available for ur car model

- u can advance the engine (not recommended)

so if u looking for used parts go to wijerama.

Anyway for what I have obsreved, In hondas there is no RPM change with AC or not. I know this for a fact becuase the Interplay Dinosh owns in these forums is with a Honda Condenser and Honda City AC unit (some parts of it as he couldnt get the right stuff in). And he is experiencing the same RPM which Hondas has. I dont know the possibility of this in technical though

Anyway for what I have obsreved, In hondas there is no RPM change with AC or not. I know this for a fact becuase the Interplay Dinosh owns in these forums is with a Honda Condenser and Honda City AC unit (some parts of it as he couldnt get the right stuff in). And he is experiencing the same RPM which Hondas has. I dont know the possibility of this in technical though

Small correction, only the AC compresor of a Honda. but there is a RPM change of about 150 i think.

Btw can someone tell me a place where i can get a Mazda compresor? (its a Mazda 323 93 model) a similar one was not available

i haven't seen such, it can't be :)

Hi,

I think the Ford Festiva is either manufactured in Korea or Japan, and most Asian Fords like the Lazer are actually manufactured with technical collaboration with Mazda, so your unit might be available in Wijerama as Tusha suggests,

also try the panchikawatte dealers for Ford parts and maybe can even try the engine watta in Panchikawatte,

Usually this is something that a good Air Conditioning dude can sort it out, I am not completely familiar with the technique the Ford Fiesta uses to advance the engine, but as far as I am away there is a idle controller which is part of the air conditioning electronics which tells the ECU that air conditioning is now on, advance the engine, and then there is the actual idle controller unit which is part of the EFI, I have suffered faliures of both in the past so I am not sure which of these your mech is referring to, but don't worry, these are common faults and can easily be sorted,

Regards,

The Don

Hi...

Thanks for the reply, As my technition said that part is about Rs. 900 (Recondition One) is it ok if i put a recondition part? dont know about the price of a New one. Thanks for the help.

Kasun

hey before buying used one better check da price of new, then u decide. better buy da new one if its not much expensive.