• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

CIVIC FD1 COLD START GEAR SHIFTING DELAY

Civic Fan

Question

When I start the Fd1 in the morning and put R or D, the gear engages suddenly like car is jumping. And when driving gear shifting is not smooth. But when I stop the car and start again for the second time, everything is fine and works perfectly. I changed the transmission oil and cleaned the solonoids also. Still the same issue.  Need expert advice please.

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Have you and the previous owners changed Atf every 40k or did you just change when this issue came?
Sounds to me like your forward clutch pack is worn out, take it to Nilwala motors and let them have a look.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Stig said:

Have you and the previous owners changed Atf every 40k or did you just change when this issue came?
Sounds to me like your forward clutch pack is worn out, take it to Nilwala motors and let them have a look.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yes the owner has changed the oil as adviced by Stafford. How it works after the second start like no problem at all? This problem comes for the initial start only. Pls advice . Tnx

• Like 1

Hi All,

I have the same issue with my Civic FD1 2006. At cold starts, the car jerks when engaging and shifting. Switch off and restart makes the problem go away.

Can anyone who had this issue and solved it or anyone who has experience help me fix this issue? May be 'Civic Fan' could help me?

TIA.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 1:34 AM, hondacivic said:

Yes i got it fixed. Went to Nilwala motors in madiwela. They install the repair kit and the issue is fixed. You can do it at the agents too but the repair cost would be about four times.

What repair kit was install?  I have same problem. Can you email me what part want to repair?  [email protected]. thanks