• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rpm Values (new)

Kasuncp

Question

Hi Guys,

I went to my Mecanic with the AC Advance Switch. but he coudnt fix it. I went to a Auto AC Place also. they said its coming with the engin. In EFI Engines is their a sener? now I Manage to tune the Engin With AC 750. and With out 700. But when i switch on the AC RPM drops to about 200 and coming up. Is thier a problem in it? if i increase the RPM its working fine. but Without AC RPM in about 1150. With AC 800. is it bad for the engin. How about the Fuel consumption if it's like this. Please help me.

Kasun

8 answers to this question

Hi Guys,

I went to my Mecanic with the AC Advance Switch. but he coudnt fix it. I went to a Auto AC Place also. they said its coming with the engin. In EFI Engines is their a sener? now I Manage to tune the Engin With AC 750. and With out 700. But when i switch on the AC RPM drops to about 200 and coming up. Is thier a problem in it? if i increase the RPM its working fine. but Without AC RPM in about 1150. With AC 800. is it bad for the engin. How about the Fuel consumption if it's like this. Please help me.

Kasun

Further more, does the RPM increase when you put to Neuatrel? Mine does...

Hi Guys,

Kasun

whats your car ? if it is a Civic... it's the problem with your Ac control unit... there's a control unit under your dash... this is what controles the engine rev's when AC is on... if this unit is faulty no matter how much you tune your engine you problem dont get solved... you have to get this unit checked or replaced...

Hi Guys,

Kasun

Hi Kasun,

Get is attended by a good tech guy. tuning your engine will not help you. I think it is time to change the AC controler.

Hi, Thanks for the Replys,

My car is a Ford Festiva. Is their a sencer to comtrol the RPM? Is it good to advance the enginand run? is that AC Unit a high price one? Is it that AC Idel Unit?

Kasun

Hi Kasun,

As I said before in a previous post, there are probably about 2 faults most probably causing the problem,

As dragster said the AC Control Unit which controls the Air Conditioning system, and liases with the ECU with regards to the Engine RPM (basically tells it ok AC on advance Engine),

There is also usually an idle controller in the EFI system which controls the RPM, faults in that also causes problems. I am not sure how the Ford system works, so I cant direct you what to check,

It is my experience that if the AC Control unit is faulty most good A/C places can fix it, I remember in an old Mazda I had, that unit was faulty and they fixed it, in my case just a few corroded lines on the circuit.

If they are having trouble fixing it man, I suggest you take it to a proper person, even the agents for a diagnostic. Please note there are a lot of jokers arround, some well known places with scanners etc are full of jokers who dont know what they are doing. To understand EFI engines, you need electro mechanical knowledge and a bit of experience, and in my own experience (I have found out the hard way) very few people have such knowledge.

I do not think advancing the engine is a good idea without fixing the problem, because it will increase fuel consumption and it would affect your bottom line on the long run.

The price of whatever that needs replacing depends the ease of finding it, if your car shares parts with Mazda which I suspect it does, you might be able to find a re con unit for less, but if not a brand new unit would obviously cost much more,

Regards,

The Don

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replys, I had a look at my problem yesterday by my self. I found a problem like this. When i put my Head Light also same thing happening. RPM Reduse just like when i on the AC. Is it with the Battary? Now im sure for AC and Head Light same problem is happening.

I had a look at the dash, i didnt find any part (AC Controller). Is this happning because my battery is low or something. I hope my battery is ok, because when i start the engine its fine. Please help me.

Kasun

Machan,

the problem is not with the battery, its most porbably with the electronics, and I dont think its a DIY job, best thing to do is to take it to a qualified mech to sort it out, very difficult to reccomend a place though, because I've had trouble with all the places I have taken my car to, and the last time I had such a problem it cost me more than what the agents would have charged me, because first, a very well known auto company in darley road got the problem wrong, they blamed the throttle body, so i paid their labour and paid for a used throttle body and problem not fixed, then another place in nawala diagnosed the problem, but could not source the part to fix it, and then a very well known technician fixed it, but to eliminate all the other possible problems he took a while, he sourced the part and charged me twice for it, and charged me quite a bit for labour, and in the end my bill topped 60-70K, and the actual money spent sorting the problem was about 20K !!! rest of it was spent needlessly :D

So man learn from my experience, dont spend time in dodgy places, take it to David Peiris or somebody, get a diagnostic done, doesnt cost much, then get them to do you an estimate, if the estimate is reasonable you get get the problem sorted there, or you can go to somebody else, sort the parts out recon maybe to keep the costs down and sort it,

Regards,

The Don