• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vios

amilacpAuto

Question

Machang...

1st of all carefull when you buy a Vios becuase most of it are taxis in singapore with milage turned back. (anyway a taxi in singapore will be still be in better condtion).

So normaly a body kit one will go around 2.3 to 2.4. One of my friends got one with body kit costed 2.5 due to the view meters inside, neon lights etc. You can get a manual , which is the cheapest in the vios range for 20,50 to 21...dont pay more than that...A automatic will be around 22-23...

Please. rember to look into the condtion of the Vios. It is true its with a VVTI engine just like her big sister - Corolla, but better watch out.

check out www.viosclub.com too

Comapring the prices between City and Vios - Vios is better....I say this becuase of the part availability, now Vios is a serviced car at the agents where they bring down the parts and there are recon stuff too...You know with Hondas and their spare parts availability right...

You feel :blink: after seeing a Vios with 4-disks? Heck I saw a City with 4-disks. Imagine how I felt :lol:

damn mine's got factory fitted all 4 disks... but the brakes are still as lot of ppl say bad :lol:

Comapring the prices between City and Vios - Vios is better....I say this becuase of the part availability, now Vios is a serviced car at the agents where they bring down the parts and there are recon stuff too...You know with Hondas and their spare parts availability right...

u r frustrated over Honda spare prices aren't u :lol: ... c/mon lad dont loose ur love towards Honda ;)

Yes it does come with all 4 Disc Brakes.

The black version's are much higher in price, between 75K-100K in difference..

and there's a limited edition turbo vios as well with a moderate 150bhp or so! i thot this guy was rfering to that as the sports model... i mean what sportiness is there in a 1.5L normal engine!!!

damn mine's got factory fitted all 4 disks... but the brakes are still as lot of ppl say bad :lol:

and there's a limited edition turbo vios as well with a moderate 150bhp or so! i thot this guy was rfering to that as the sports model... i mean what sportiness is there in a 1.5L normal engine!!!

Vios badging that says 'S', indicating sporty features..

Not sure if they get used as Taxi's in singapore though, dont know about Thailand, I was there recently and on the short drive from the airport I had a very talkative taxi driver, who was kind enough to enlighten me of the system there, apparently only companies with hundreds of cars can get a licence to operate taxi's and all the taxi's need to be of a particular spec which meant nearly all I saw were Nissan Cedrics and Toyota Crowns, saw a few pretty well done Vios's though with tasteful body kits,

The Don

u r frustrated over Honda spare prices aren't u :alc: ... c/mon lad dont loose ur love towards Honda :P

no machang :) just imagine yesterday for that stupid sensor i spent around 25,000 for the whole job ok? And that god knows why that stupid sensor is that stupid expensive..Its a 2inch small gadget, for me the scrap value will be just 1000 max...god knos why its soo expensive...I am realy worried, when i saw the huge chart at the agents with dozens of sensors - i almost freaked out...and i am sure those must be 20,000 upwards...

And rember once in a diffrent thread i told you guys that i waited 1 and a half months without a driver side mirror..The parts are soo hard to find...Once we combed the whole island for a EK3 front buffer - and ultimatley we had to import from the agents - a brand new one...Stupid man, im telling - realy stupid

Seriously man, when i see my empty pocket now , i regret..and still think that i should have taken the Corolla 121 offred to me than this....

no machang :) just imagine yesterday for that stupid sensor i spent around 25,000 for the whole job ok? And that god knows why that stupid sensor is that stupid expensive..Its a 2inch small gadget, for me the scrap value will be just 1000 max...god knos why its soo expensive...I am realy worried, when i saw the huge chart at the agents with dozens of sensors - i almost freaked out...and i am sure those must be 20,000 upwards...

And rember once in a diffrent thread i told you guys that i waited 1 and a half months without a driver side mirror..The parts are soo hard to find...Once we combed the whole island for a EK3 front buffer - and ultimatley we had to import from the agents - a brand new one...Stupid man, im telling - realy stupid

Seriously man, when i see my empty pocket now , i regret..and still think that i should have taken the Corolla 121 offred to me than this....

Hi Hola,

You can certainly be more ecconomical with the maintenance of your EK3, certainly an OEM oxygen sensor would only have cost you about 9000 rupess (I am basing this on 90 dollars which seems to be the value of these items), but you would have to modify your existing clip to snap on to an OEM sensor. You seem to like rushing to the agents for everything, and obviously I am not in a position to disaggree but if you ran to Toyota Lanka you would be paying the same prices.

One thing as Isuru suggested, the scan tools these people use dont always tell you the nature of the problem. Once a scan tool reported 13 problems with my engine 4 sensors bust but it was something completely different. so sometimes getting a second opinion helps.

World wide Honda seems to top the reliability rankings and thus I do think you are being a bit of a drama queen and overreacting a bit on Honda Maintenance costs. Obviously Corolla's are Corolla's and their sheer numbers mean lots of spares to go arround and more people to fix them. All depends on your motivation on getting your car. I drive a much bigger disaster than an EK3 to maintain simply because there are so few of them, and even the agents dont know much about it. But hey, it gives me infinite pleassure driving, I can easily locate it in a car park, and I personally enjoy the extra effort needed. Like everything is a little adventure, days out in panchikawatte looking for parts, searching the internet, and finally when you find it and it all works, the satisfaction is amazing. So hey whatever you want you get :alc:

Regards,

The Don

Hi All,

I'm interesting in buying a Toyota Vios sports model car. Who are the best people to buy unregistered vehicles? I'm interested about a black car. What is the current market price of this black sports model vios car?

Chana

I think I saw a few bodykit ones in nugegoda.. i guess...

Go 4 a manual cuz its a sports car...

Hi Hola,

You can certainly be more ecconomical with the maintenance of your EK3, certainly an OEM oxygen sensor would only have cost you about 9000 rupess (I am basing this on 90 dollars which seems to be the value of these items), but you would have to modify your existing clip to snap on to an OEM sensor. You seem to like rushing to the agents for everything, and obviously I am not in a position to disaggree but if you ran to Toyota Lanka you would be paying the same prices.

One thing as Isuru suggested, the scan tools these people use dont always tell you the nature of the problem. Once a scan tool reported 13 problems with my engine 4 sensors bust but it was something completely different. so sometimes getting a second opinion helps.

World wide Honda seems to top the reliability rankings and thus I do think you are being a bit of a drama queen and overreacting a bit on Honda Maintenance costs. Obviously Corolla's are Corolla's and their sheer numbers mean lots of spares to go arround and more people to fix them. All depends on your motivation on getting your car. I drive a much bigger disaster than an EK3 to maintain simply because there are so few of them, and even the agents dont know much about it. But hey, it gives me infinite pleassure driving, I can easily locate it in a car park, and I personally enjoy the extra effort needed. Like everything is a little adventure, days out in panchikawatte looking for parts, searching the internet, and finally when you find it and it all works, the satisfaction is amazing. So hey whatever you want you get :alc:

Regards,

The Don

datz wot i call correct atttude! :)

I drive a much bigger disaster than an EK3 to maintain simply because there are so few of them, and even the agents dont know much about it. But hey, it gives me infinite pleassure driving, I can easily locate it in a car park, and I personally enjoy the extra effort needed. Like everything is a little adventure, days out in panchikawatte looking for parts, searching the internet, and finally when you find it and it all works, the satisfaction is amazing. So hey whatever you want you get :alc:

Regards,

The Don

Just outta curiosity Don, what's your ride?

it hardly gets old if itz JDM, build quality must be good :)

Well machan, JDM's aren't sometimes as hardy as the export model vehicles, what I like about my car is its little quirks, its rather light at only 900Kgs (which also means you have a few trouble spots with rust if you are not careful) has stiffer suspension as standard and the exhaust for some odd reasons sounds rather sporty (still the stock original one on it) and has a DOHC Mitsubishi powering it, so its a fairly nippy ride.

Bought it in not so good shape, and have spent a lot of money nursing it back to health. I have seen a few other Mirage Coupe's but I dont know how many ASTI Z graded ones are actually here, would love to hear from another person who owns one though.

The funniest incident I had was when I took it to UM to get some spares but their system didnt accept the chassy number :lol:

Regards,

The Don